SIX

· 。゚☆: *.
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰
CHAPTER SIX ━━
haunted house

☽ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰CHAPTER SIX ━━ haunted house

═════ ∘◦ 👻🔦🧸.༄ ◦∘ ═════

      JIM HOPPER WAS TOTALLY, UTTERLY, COMPLETELY done with the day but life didn't ever give him a well deserved break. So here he was, driving inside his cruiser and towards Hawkins Middle School probably for nothing more than a stupid prank of a couple kids. His Sheriff's hat was already carelessly dropped in the passenger seat, his dark blonde hair tousled from the strong and cold wind outside.

      With a heavy sigh, the man rubbed his temple with one hand, the other never leaving the steering wheel as the school building came into view. Only some lights on the parkinglot illuminated the otherwhise dark place as Jim parked his car and hopped outside. Leaning back in the car, he reached for his hat and quickly placed it back on his head before slamming the car door shut.

      With the cold October air nipping at his face, the man swiftly grabbed his flashlight and approached the school building. The sound of boots slamming against the pavement were just barely heard above the howling wind that raged over Hawkins that night.

     Upon coming closer to the glass door, Jim furrowed his eyebrows when he spotted the metal doorknob on the ground, cometely ripped from the door. The man crouched down and snatched it from the pavement to put it away in his pocket.

      Pointing the flashlight in front of him, he shone the light through the door but there was nothing to see except the empty hallway. Slowly he reached out for the door and pushed it open.

      Hopper cringed at the creaking sound that followed and opted for quickly opening the door then as he stepped through. He let the door fall close behind him before he focused on the hallway ahead. "I swear if  this is a meaningless prank again I will-" Jim paused suddenly as the sound of soft footsteps echoed down the hallway.

      "Hey! Who's there!" Jim called out, quickly pointing the flashlight in the direction of the noise. "You better come out now, it's the chief police!"

      No noise followed after that and Jim scowled in annoyance as he walked further down the dark hallway, the flashlight illuminating a path. "I won't ask again! Come out now!"

      Again no sound broke through the quiet atmosphere and Jim glanced at the two hallways that both led to different parts of the school. With a heavy sigh, he turned to the left, his own footsteps echoing throughout the corridor.

      Suddenly a door slammed shut behind him, and Jim turned on his heel, his flashlight pointed towards the direction, his heartbeat speeding up. His eyes darted across the abandoned hallway, "I'm warning you! You better come out now." His hand inched closer to his gun strapped to his side as he approached the other corridor.