EPILOGUE

· 。゚☆: *.
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰
EPILOGUE ━━
father and son

☽ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰EPILOGUE ━━ father and son

═════ ∘◦ 👻🔦🧸.༄ ◦∘ ═════

HIS WHOLE BODY FELT SORE AS HIS EYES FLUTTERED OPEN. He was greeted by bright light cascading down on him from one of the nearby windows where the curtains weren't fully closed. Only after a second he realised he was in unfamiliar surroundings and shot up, a hiss leaving his lips as tears started to build up in his eyes.

It was only when he spotted Jim laying on the couch with a blanket sprawled over his body did he feel safe again. The man had one arm tucked under his head while the other lazily hung beside the couch while his legs seemed to surpass the piece of furniture.

Sitting up slowly and carefully this time, Milo looked around the cabin where they had taken Will. Curious, the blonde pushed his aching body to the edge of the bed, his feet dangling before he pushed himself on the cold hardwood floor.

Every muscle in his body was screaming for the boy to get back in the bed again but his shimmering curiosity had gotten the best of him as he left to explore the small house.

Barefeeted he started to walk around, eying the walls where some pictures were placed and he approached then to get a better look. There weren't many, just three.

On one, he spotted the familiar face of a young blonde girl he somehow did remember. Sara was older though, not the same he remembered. She had two pigtails, a toothy grin and the most infectious smile in the world.

On the picture next to that one he spotted Eleven, dressed up in a wondeful blue dress and a blue elastic band around her wrist. He frowned, confused and when this picture was taken before he looked up at the last one.

There he was, four years old again sitting on his father's lap in what looked like the police station. He too wore a similair grin like Sara. He had never remembered feeling so happy as he looked in that photo with the sheriff's hat on his head.

Carefully, Milo reached up to take the picture from the wall to inspect it closer. His hand removing some of the leftover dust that was sprawled on it.

"You're awake?" Startled, Milo almost let the photo fall on the ground before he whirled around to see Hopper standing a couple feet behind him with a large smile of relief on his face.

"Where am I-" he didn't even get to finish his sentence before Jim was pulling him a bone crushing hug.

"You're finally awake." Hopper repeated in awe. "We've all been so scared! No one knew what happened. Joyce thought that maybe it was the stress finally catching up on you but then you didn't wake up after a day... what happened?" He pulled back, but his hand remained firmly on the blonde's shoulders, like if he let go Milo would disappear in thin air.

"I part of army." The boy tried to explain. "My powers make me connect. See other places, feel others."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jim's eyes widened in surprise. "We knew what would happen if we closed the gate! Everyone with the army would have died! We should have gotten it out of you too!"

Milo looked away, his eyes glazing over. "Can't take away. It is me. Powers are me."

Jim's gaze softened. "But we could have lost you... I could have lost you again."

"World is more important than me." Milo spoke bravely as he looked back at his father.

"But you are the world to me Milo, you're my son!" He breathed out perplexed.

The blonde didn't know what to say to that, never had he been so important to someone just because of who he was. Not because of his powers, but just because of him.

Jim took this as his chance to continue, "Your my son, I never want anything bad to happen to you do you understand?"

Milo didn't reply, instead he almost knocked into the man as he wrapped his arms around Hopper's waist. Tears freely flowing down and all the pentup emotions coming out.

"Hey, hey kid, you're okay. I don't know how but you're okay. Nothing is ever going to happen to you again. I promise." Jim wrapped his own arms around the boy, pulling him as close to his chest as possible. "You're home now okay. You're home."

Milo didn't really know the meaning of home yet, but he was starting to like the sound of it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUHTOR'S NOTE;

holy cows, it's done, over, finished!!! I hope you all enjoyed the story of Milo Hopper and his road of finding where he belongs! I tell you all I am so attached to Milo, he is my smol bean and the whole Hopper family deserved better. Luckily there is some light at the end of the tunnel and Jim and Milo are back together to finally be a family again! Thanks for baring with me through this whirlwind of emotions and maybe I'll catch you all back in season three! We'll see where it goes!

If you guys have any questions about milo
and his story feel free to ask!

Love, Chloë