TWENTY THREE

· 。゚☆: *.
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ━━
the gentle arms of death

☽ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆ ✰CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ━━ the gentle arms of death

═════ ∘◦ 👻🔦🧸.༄ ◦∘ ═════

    THE SKY WAS AN STORMY GREY, RAINCLOUDS HOVERING over Hawkin's Indiana that solemn afternoon. It was as if the sky was weeping just like the residents gathered in black. There hung a dreadful silence around the group of people, all too caught up in the tragedy of Milo Hopper.

    "We have gathered here today in the remembrence of Milo Hopper, a boy taken from us before his time."

    "We often say that the hour of death cannot be forecast. And when we do imagine it, we imagine this hour would be in a distant future. We never thought we would be thinking about Milo as a memory so soon in his life."

     The man took in a deep breath, his eyes shifting from person to person until they hovered on the family of the boy as they stood huddled together with tears rolling down their faces.

     "And yes, it came too soon, no one had seen it coming and events like this will most likely never really set in. But life goes on, the world will keep spinning even though we all feel like it has crumbled at our fingertips." His voice was barely audiable with the howling wind trying to silence him.

      "We all have different memories of Milo but one thing they all have in common is the way he always brightened up the day of others. And we should all make sure that we carry a piece of that heart with us and pour it into others like he could do."

     The sound of thunder rolled over the town, the once steady rain started to pour heavily, soaking everyone to the bone. The cold sending unpleasent shivers down their spines.

    "But remember death is not the end, for love goes on and you will find Milo everywhere he put his heart in. You'll find his laughter between the books he loved to be read, you'll find his touch in the wind and his smile in the warmth of the sun."

    "You'll find that even in your darkest hour, Milo will live on in all of your hearts because that is the exact place where he will live forever."

milo  hopper,
a  loving  son
and    brother
1968    -   1972

And then he opened his eyes...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬