>>PROLOGUE<<

>>PROLOGUE<<

I laid down in bed, not quite remembering exactly when I fell asleep. It was peaceful and quiet, and I had dreams I never wanted to end... Jean and I, away from all the titans... That's all I ever wanted in life... Us to be together... Even though he liked Mikasa...

In the dream Jean and I were walking down the streets just talking, and Jean was talking about plans for the next day. I was so eager to find out what he was going to say, but just when Jean was going to reply my eyes shot open in a flash, ending the beautiful dream.

"Huh?" I moaned, half awake and half asleep. A loud groan had woken me up, but it was gone now... Or so I thought.

I turned and looked at Jean next to me, he wasn't smiling... In fact he was crying softly and didn't look joyful at all. That was when I had found out what woke me.

"Marco, don't leave me! No Marco, don't go!"

My eyes grew wide, and I felt awake... As if I just got slapped in the face. "Jean!" I whispered loudly, trying desperately to wake Jean without waking the other scouts. "Jean, wake up! It's all just a dream, wake up Jean!" I shook him lightly. "I am right here!"

Just then Jean's eyes slowly opened, and he sat up wiping his eyes. "M-Marco..." He mumbled.

I wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a warm hug. "It's alright Jean, I'm right here... I'm not going to leave you..." I whispered in his ear.

Jean was silent. I felt two strong arms wrap around my torso, and two hands grasp the shirt on my back. "Promise me...?"

"Promise..." I whispered back. I felt my friend's few tears drop onto my shoulder. "I promise to never leave you Jean... Never ever..." I loosened my grip and held Jean by his shoulders. "Cross my heart..."

Jean had a weak smile, but it was better than a sad frown. "Good..." He then hugged me again, but this time it was quick. Jean then sat there and looked at me for a moment, as if expecting me to say something.

"Now why don't you try sleeping again Jean? It's still pretty early in the morning..." I looked out the window to see the moon still setting over the wall.

"But what about the nightmare?"

"I'm still here... It's all just a bad nightmare, now go to sleep... For me?" I smiled at my best friend.

"Alright..." Jean returned my smile and laid down, pulling the covers up to his chin.

I looked down at my friend and laid back down as well. I glanced at Jean real quick, and pulled the covers over my shoulders. If Jean grew troubled again, I would just have to wake him... So with that, I fell back to sleep... Returning to my sweet dream...