>>CHAPTER2<<

>>CHAPTER 2<<

--- TIME SKIP ---

I stood paralyzed in fear. What was I supposed to do? I was cornered! I looked around frantically, hoping Jean would be around. Why would I want him around? So he could just die with me? Selfish! You know he fears death Marco! What kind of friend are you? I thought in my mind.

I was terrified and felt as though I was going to die of fear, rather than the Titan before me. I was nearly out of gas, and if I tried to flee, the Titan would just grab me and eat me whole. I panicked, my heart feeling as though it would burst through my chest.

We were under attack by titans, and I was cornered, looking death straight in the eyes.

I turned and spotted Annie, hoping she would help me, but I didn't think she would. Just then the Titan was about to attack me. Tears streaked my face, and my eyes grew wide. Sorry Jean... Sorry I couldn't keep my promise... "I love you Jean..." I whispered and closed my eyes when suddenly something picked me up and swooped away. I let out a deafening yell.

It didn't feel like a huge constricting grip of a Titan, but the tight hold of a human. I opened my eyes and saw Annie swing up to a higher roof while carrying me. What happened next happened in a flash, she quickly exchanged our maneuvering gear and just left. No words said or any looks exchanged, she just... Left!

I was confused of what happened. I blinked blankly, as I watched her go to the floor. "What just happened?" I then spotted Annie on the ground, looking at what looked to be half of a human corps. I took it she killed the Titan or something. I was astonished. "Annie..." I whispered.

I have to go and thank her! I have to! She just saved my life! I thought. A huge grin crossed my face and I was just about to run and thank her for saving my life when, I must have tripped or something, and was sent falling to the hard solid ground.

Forgetting I had Annie's gear instead of mine, I never used it and fell to the ground. I landed hard on my right side of my body. I heard cracking noises, and sheering pain in my ribs, right arm, and right leg. I let out a yelp as I rolled onto my back, gasping for breath.

I looked around, and didn't see anyone around anymore. Quickly, I tried getting up. I wrapped my good arm around my waist, trying to put pressure on my crushed ribs. My right arm was limp at my side, and I had to limp since I couldn't move my right leg.

I kept my bad hand to the wall for support, and tried to find someone to help. Eventually, as I made my way around the buildings, I found a young woman with a small child cowering in fear as they hid behind a kart.

My face lit up with hope and I limped as fast as I could over to the lady, shouting (quietly since we were under attack by titans), "Ma'am! Please! I need help!"

The lady lifted her head and glanced at me. "Why, poor boy!" She shouted as she quickly ran up to me and helped me over to the kart where here child hid. "It looks as though you broke a few bones, what in heavens name happened?"

I let out a chuckle but winced at the pain that followed. "I was a klutz and fell from a two or three story roof... I landed on my entire right side."

"Atleast you weren't torn to shreds..." The little boy added as he popped out from behind the kart.

The mother then must have scolded her child in some foreign language, my guess was German. "I apologize for his rudeness sir, he is only a small child and knows no better."

"It's fine, I understand. I just really need to seek medical attention right away." I said with pain in my voice.

"Yes! Let me find my husband! He is around here somewhere with our daughter. He may be able to take you."

"No need..." A voice sounded from a dark figure near the alley. "I'm already here." The figure walked into the light as a small girl ran past to hug her mother's legs, I assumed the man must have been the young ladies husband and the girl, her daughter. The man looked about in his late 20's and knew now wasn't a time to make haste. "I'll take you scout, but we must hurry before titans come over our way."

I nodded as I leapt off of the kart carefully. The man came over and helped support me. "We must hurry now... You don't exactly look like your too comfortable and not too mention probably can't move too fast."

I nodded as the man helped me walk, and we quickly moved as fast as we could to seek medical care.