>>CHAPTER 10<<

>>CHAPTER 10<<

"Wow! I can't believe you made a full recovery Marco!" Connie exclaimed as he held out Marco's arm and examined it.

"Yeah.. It's a miracle!" Marco said rubbing the back of his neck with his other hand. "I'm sorry if I worried you guys..."

"Don't sweat it Marco..." Armin said as he smiled at me. "We're just glad to see you're not dead."

Marco laughed as I stood beside him.

"I'm sure Jean is happier than all of us though." Eren snickered.

I gave Eren a dirty look and then smiled at Marco. "He is my best friend, Eren." I then smiled at Marco.

"I can't believe Annie saved you though... Annie!" Sasha shrilled as she leaned forward and looked at Marco with a huge smile.

"Yeah... That's what Jean said..." Marco said blushing. "That must have been pretty shocking."

Everyone nodded and added comments about their thoughts. Just then I took a deep breath while everyone was distracted and grabbed Marco's wrist pulling him out of the room.

"Huh? Jean!" Marco shouted as I dragged him all the way to the bedroom. I quickly closed the door behind us and sat Marco down. "What was that all about Jean?"

I blushed and didn't meet Marco's gaze. "Look Marco... I... You left and I missed you so much..."

Marco looked at me, his smile fading. "I never meant to leave you Jean, I was recovering from a serious injury... I never left your mind though... I was always there... Wasn't I?"

"Well yeah Marco..." I said as I crossed my arms, trying not to cry. I bit the inside of my cheek, hoping it would help.

At that moment, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, and someone's head lay softly on my shoulder. "Then I never left you... See... I made a promise and I kept it... I was always with you... Maybe not in person, but in thoughts..." Marco whispered in my ear.

I nodded and returned his loving hug.

"I never left but.... Did you miss me?" Marco asked as he looked into my eyes. I gazed back into his beautiful dark brown eyes and then at the many freckles that covered his face. I missed them so much.

"Yeah..." I said quietly. "Did you... Um... Miss me?"

Marco gave me a huge grin and giggled. "Well of coarse..." He then looked down at his chest and then back to me.

"Look... um... Marco..." I said pulling away from Marco's hug. "I need to say... I..." I exhaled not knowing how to put it. "I can't find myself saying this..."

"Go on Jean... You can tell me." Marco said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. That was when I knew it. I was gonna tell him how I felt right now!

"I love you..." I breathed, the words probably being a bit hard to hear. I glanced up at Marco out of the corner of my eye, expecting him to say it back, but he didn't...

"I thought you loved Mikasa..." Marco questioned as he looked at me with a look of shock.

"That was a cover up... I never wanted anyone to know I loved you... It was all just a cover up... I never loved her..." I blushed bright red. Maybe he didn't love me back after all. Thinking so, I was feeling a bit downcast.

"Jean..." Marco smiled, his cheeks becoming a bright crimson. "I love you too..." He whispered as he drew in close.

I smiled at him and looked into his large gorgeous brown eyes. I then leaned in and kissed him on the lips. It was a warm and passionate kiss and it lasted for several moments. Then suddenly I felt tears slip down my cheeks. I stopped and looked at Marco.

"I'm glad you're back!" I said quietly and constricted him in a tight hug.

"I'm glad I'm back too..." Marco whispered in my ear as he rubbed my back and then kissed my forehead... "I love you, and I'm glad I'm back too... I'm here to stay..."