>>CHAPTER 7<<

>>CHAPTER 7<<

((MARCO'S P.O.V.))

I was laying in bed, my leg and arm feeling a bit stiff. The middle aged man who tended to my wounds said I would be able to go back to the scouts in a week or two, and honestly I thought I was good enough to leave at the very moment, but he was the doctor.

I was laying in bed with the covers up to my chin, trying to sleep. It was a stormy night, and it seemed like the thunder was playing a game with me, trying to see how long it can wait till I grow tired again and then wake me up.

I finally closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep when there was a small voice at the side of my bed.

"Marco, can I sleep with you? I'm scared..."

I looked down and saw Nicholas's face. For a second I thought it was Jean asking me, and Jean standing before me but then I blinked again and it was just Nicholas.

"Huh? Oh! Hey Nicholas!" I yawned as I sat up. "Why are you scared?"

Nicholas shivered and looked out the window at the rain pelting the window very hard. "The storm..." The little blond whispered.

"Oh." I said and smiled at Nicholas. "Come here little guy." I said as I scooted over to make a little room for him. I then removed the covers for him and he crawled in next to me. He laid his head on my chest and curled up in a small tight ball.

I put the covers over his small and skinny body, and noticed he was shivering and crying. "It's alright Nicholas, the storm will pass by soon I'm sure."

Nicholas didn't reply and just laid there beside me. I could feel the warmth of his skin, and it felt nice. I smiled at the small toddler and couldn't help but to chuckle. Then, Nicholas whispered softly to me.

"Hey Marco..."

"Yeah Nicholas?"

"Some guy bumped into me on the streets today..." Nicholas said as he shuffled closer to me.

"Oh really?" I said putting an arm around him to comfort him. His small body then stopped shivering.

"Yeah... He called me a brat and told me to leave... He was a big meanie! And when I asked him his name, he said it was Jean and told me to get lost..." Nicholas said as he looked up at me. "You're gonna beat him up for me right Marco?"

My eyes grew wide. "Did you say... J-Jean?" I asked.

"Yeah..." Nicholas replied. "So are ya gonna teach him a lesson Marco?"

"Jean...." I whispered and closed my eyes. I took in a deep breath and smiled.

"What's wrong with you Marco! He bullied me and you smile... Why's that?"

"Hehe... Picking on little kids helps you get by huh Jean? Don't worry, I'll be back with you soon..." I looked to Nicholas and ruffled his soft blond hair. "I apologize for my friend's rudeness... He is just a bit under the weather..."

Nicholas looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Your friend?"

"That guy I said looked like you... He was that guy that bumped into you today... That's my friend I was telling you about the other day..." I said and exhaled lightly. "I miss him a lot..."

Nicholas gave me a look of sympathy and laid his head on my chest again. "I'll miss you Marco... When you leave and all...."

"Who knows, maybe I will stop by when I have the chance..." I said as I pushed a stray hair out of Nicholas's face.

"Tell Jean to be nicer..." Nicholas mumbled as he closed his eyes slowly. His breathing slowed and I heard the soft sound of snoring. He had fallen asleep.

"I will..." I murmured and kissed the top of Nicholas's blond head. I then laid my head on top of his and fell asleep as well... Dreaming about being with Jean again.