>>CHAPTER 6<<

>>CHAPTER 6<<

((JEAN'S P.O.V.))

I was now a member of the survey corps, not exactly what Marco wanted to be, but he would have wanted me to make up my own decision anyways. I joined the survey corps, all because of my enemy, Eren...

I was out walking around one day, getting some fresh air. It had been a long while since Marco's passing. I was over his death now, but still missed him dearly. ... Although I guess I was never really over his death... Every night I would wake to these terrible nightmares of Marco leaving me.

It troubled me and I missed my friend deeply. I would do anything to see him again, anything...

I was walking down the street when suddenly I accidentally bumped into a little boy.

"Hey! Watch it brat!" I scolded as I peered down at the little boy.

The boy looked up at me, and I noticed we sort of looked a bit alike. "What's the big idea mister!?" The kid complained as he glared at me.

I growled at the kid. "Look kid, keep moving, I have things to do." I scowled.

The kid's eyes grew wide after a minute of him staring at me. "Sure thing but... What's your name mister?" The kid asked.

"Jean, what's it to ya?" I asked as I crossed my arms. "Gonna tell on me to your mommy?"

"No!" The kid spat. "I'm gonna tell on you to Marco!"

My eyes grew wide. "Marco..." I whispered. Could it be? Could Marco be...? No! Don't be stupid Jean!

"I'm gonna tell Marco and he will come and beat you up once he is fully healed! You'll be sorry mister!"

I looked down at the boy as though a million questions of mine had just been answered. "What's this Marco's last name kid? Do you know?"

The kid shrugged. "I don't know, he never gave me a last name... He just kept correcting me when I would call him Macko."

I wanted to laugh at the kid, but he did sort of give me a spark of hope. "Marco..." I whispered. "He could be alive..."

"What ever mister! I'm leaving!" The kid shouted. "And I'm telling on you to Marco!"

I laughed as I watched the kid skid off. He was so annoying, but I was so happy that my best friend could actually be alive.

"Marco... Is it really you? Are you really alive?"