Lost Comfort | Kim Seungmin

———

Unedited.

You were staring at the floor...

Blankly...

Nothing was appearing in your mind...

Nothing...

You were just sitting in your couch. No one else was there with you.

It was just you and yourself...

A sad memory suddenly appeared in your head.

Eomma...

~~~

" Eomma! " you cried out. Your mom suddenly got shotted in the chest by someone. That someone was not in your view so you assumed that the shot was supposed to be not to your mom's.

Everything seems to slow down. Like it seems like time has stopped for a second.

This was one of your nightmares that you wished that it will never happen. Losing someone you love so much.

But we're mortals, we have to die and have an afterlife whether in the heavens or hell.

Your dad left you when you were 9 years old with your mom to someone else. Your dad doesn't love your mom anymore. Why did they even got married? You didn't know. You aren't the person who's suppose to answer that question.

You and your mom stayed strong and continued living on Earth even though you don't have a complete family. The both of you were happy together at the life you had without your dad. You never really needed him. He was now unimportant in your life.

But you knew that whatever happens, he's still your dad and nothing will change in that. You still have to respect him. Maybe not as a father but as a person.

As your mom was about to fall, you quickly caught her and putted her down as her head was in your lap.

" E-Eomma, p-please. Please don't d-die yet. Not right now. Not in f-front of my naked eye, please. F-Fighting, r-rememb-er? " you managed to say to your mom as you were crying in front of her and holding her hand tightly yet trembling.

~~~

" Yeon Min? " you heard someone called out your name. You looked up and saw him.

Seung Min... Your boyfriend...

He dropped his bag on the floor and have gone towards you. As the both of you were now facing each other, he was staring in your dull and lifeless eyes with a frown on his face.

He hated seeing you at this state...

Suddenly, he pulled you into an embrace. He held you in his arms so that he could comfort you. He does this multiple times to you after that incident.

You began sobbing in his chest. You couldn't control it anymore. Sorrow was filling up in your mind.

He rubbed his hand on your back so that you would calm down a little bit.

" S-Seung Min, " you mumbled his name quietly but it was enough for him to hear it. " I-I miss her... " you said sadly as you continued to sob.

He smiled weakly. " I know... And I do too, " he told you.

~~~

You've crying continuously as you sat on a chair that was provided by the hospital and it was also placed near the emergency room. Your boyfriend came and hugged you.