Bouquet | Han Jisung

Idea / Requested by : Issah04_VKook9597

안녕하세요! 박 아렉사 입니다! ( Just tryin' my korean skills lol ) On this imagine, it will be in Han Ji Sung's POV. You have been told!

———

Unedited.

The area smells like perfume that was mixed in different scents that made the area smell much more pleasant. It was also surrounded by such many colors.

Pastel, dark, light colors everywhere!

The rays of the sun passes through the transparent window then hits in the dark wooden floor.

" Thank you, come again! " the lady happily said. The bell chimmed as I opened the door and left the shop.

I just bought a bouquet of red, white and pink roses.

For who?

Maybe for you~

I walked to my destination with a bright smile on my face. I don't mind if people think I'm a weird kind of guy but what could I do? I'm just feeling happy right now.

Plus, smile is the best attire that you could wear.

People that have passed by gave me those looks like..

' This guy looks crazy '

' Is he on drugs or what? '

' He looks odd '

' Such childish acts '

But I never payed attention to them. I still kept a bright smile on my face as I was skipping on the side walk.

She might have thought that I was being such a cutie...

In the middle of my bright mood, the rain poured down from the sky.

" Ah, seriously? Right now? " I said to myself and ran down the side walk for some shelter.

Once I did, I stopped first to take a breather. I looked at the bouquet and luckily, it isn't that much ruined at all. I look at the sky and saw dark clouds are covering the blue sky. A roar of thunder suddenly could be heard. The road was now covered in wet puddles.

I took out my phone from my pocket and decided to call her. The phone rings as I press it right next to my right ear.

The number you have dialled is currently unavailable. Please try and call later.

I looked at my phone in confusion. She's unavailable...?

I tried to call her number again and again but the result is always the same...

The number you have dialled is currently una--

I dropped the call.

I suddenly felt something heavy in my chest that somehow made me breathe in an uneven way. I had to put my hands at my chest where I could feel my heart thumping. I now got worried. I have a bad feeling...

I decided to call someone else who's very close to her. Sadly, I don't have her parents' number.

I scrolled down through my contacts list. I then saw her best friend's name on my contacts. Her best friend's name is Kwon Su Ran. She's been with her ever since Elementary, from what she told me.

I decided to call her instead since she's very close to her. I pressed my phone next to my right ear as it rings.

She picked up.

" 여보세요? " the person in the other line said.

" Yah, Su Ran. It's me, Ji Sung. "

" Oh! Ji Sung-oppa! Why did you call me? Is there something wrong? "

How--

" How did you know? " I asked. She suddenly became quiet on the other line. I could only hear her breathing. There's really something wrong...

" Are you... planning to meet up with her today? " she suddenly asked.

" Yes, why? " she paused for a second. I'm pretty sure she's hesitant whether to tell me the reason or not.

" She...

She's...

She has been rushed into the hospital just last night... " I suddenly got stiff. I felt that my body doesn't want to respond into any actions.

I stand still there, below a roof, eyes wide and open, a hand holding the phone against my ear, tried my best to not let go of it, and the other holding the breath-taking bouquet of roses. The rain still pouring down from the dark clouds. Few cars and people just passed by me like I never really existed from this world.

From seconds to minutes, I finally got to ask her one again.

" W... Why is she in the hospital...? "

" She hasn't told you yet? "

What...?

There was still something she was hidding from me...?

" She was suffering from Leukemia. She had Cancer, Stage 2. "

Leukemia...

Cancer...?

But she looks healthy to me...

" Which hospital is she in right now? "

---

I opened the door, revealing the person I have been looking for, for hours.

She just lays there, unconscious, on a white plain bed, on a white room, wires and monitors around her form. I walked around her bed post, still looking at her unconscious form.

I sat down on the stool next to her bed post then laid the bouquet of flowers in the table.

She still looks beautiful even though she has all of these wires around her arm...

" Ji Sung...? " someone called out my name. I looked at the door and saw her mother. She closes the door behind her silently.

" Are you okay..? " she asked with an worried expression.

" Ne... " I said softly as I look back at her once again then laid my head onto the edge of the bed.

Her mother grabbed another stool from the corner of the room and dragged it next to mine. Once she sat on it, she placed her hand gently on one of her legs.

" Where's your husband..? "

" He had a meeting so he had to attend and come later. "

Silence fell in the room after that. It's not an awkward one, which I'm glad it isn't. It's a comfortable silence. The only you could hear are the beeps on the monitor and the air conditioner making it's own machine sound.

Her mother suddenly broke that silence after a few minutes.

" Did you run in the rain, all the way in here? " she asked. She noticed that my clothes are wet, even my hair is kind of soggy. I simply nodded my head ever so slightly.

.
.
.
.

.

.

.

" What if my daughter couldn't make it...? "

I stared at her as I interwined my hands with hers.

" Hyun Ji's strong. She'll make it. She won't leave me until she says goodbye... "

***

Part 2 will be published soon! Sorry for the long update! ;;;