Chapter 3

I leaned against my car when I saw his black car pull into parking lot, I was the only one there as he pulled up next to me smiling,

"Fancy meeting you here" he quipped which made me roll my eyes as he dangled my keys on his finger, I approached him trying to take them from him when he snatched them back, staring at me,

"What?"

"One date, you owe me that much" he smiled, he didn't have to take my keys ransom, I was planning to call him maybe tomorrow,

"One date?, That's all you want not two?" I replied sassily and he grinned pushing the door open, getting out to face me, I could feel my heart pounding against my rib cage,

"How much dates am I allowed to have?" he grinned dropping the keys in my hand,

"How much ever you want" I whispered as he was so close to me, the tension between us was thick, I felt from the day I walked into the bar. He backed off, giving me a wink,

"How about later?"

"I'll see you then" I breathed out, trying not to sound like a 6-year-old excited for a playdate. He hopped in his car and waited for me to get in my car. I jumped in turning it on and he flashed his lights to tell me to go ahead. Ok, he's too perfect.

I drove along quietly if I still had my job I'd be at work, yes, I worked on Saturdays also, but this Saturday was different. I woke up in a fine ass man's bed and had a date. Losing my job really was helping my social life, the one I didn't have.

I got to my apartment and my noisy neighbors greeted me as I walked up the steps. I rarely interacted with them, since I was hardly there. That office was my home, I never left, while Randy, my boss spent so much time going to all the events, I wanted to go to one, at least once, just dressed up, hair did, nails done, looking like a million dollars and just showed up everyone. I pushed my door open, to nothing but silence, and darkness, I sighed dropping my bag on the couch and unbuttoning my shirt.

I drifted through the house aimlessly, I was finally looking around this place, everything was dusty, I could see the particles floating by, and they were the only company I had. I dragged opened the fridge and saw one bottle of water and a bag of stale bread,

"Great" I groaned, grabbing the water, I really needed to get my life together.

I did a little pampering of myself, did a face mask, and taking a scorching shower, getting rid of my past activities. I stepped from the shower to look at myself, I actually had a natural glow, one I hadn't seen in so long. I grabbed my phone from my bag and read the message my older sister left me.

Janae: We gotta chill soon

Janae was the perfect older sister, no crazy relationship, the usual sister stuff, arguing over who stole whos clothes, makeup, and jewelry, but that was it. Janae was a pharmacist and an incredible singer. She wanted to be a singer but our mother thought being a singer wasn't a proper profession. Janae and I shared something we both hated, we couldn't find a decent guy to save our lives.

As I was about to reply to her another message popped up,

Janae: Look at what Tea did

Attached was a picture of Tea with one of her bras completely chewed up, I giggled at the sight. My dogs stayed with my mother since I never got home, and I didn't want them to suffer. I gave them to her to take care of, but I paid for everything, she just looked after them. I would visit them whenever I got free time, which was never.

The day progressed with me lying in bed bored, I waited until around 6 to start getting ready. Jeremiah was at work, he was going to leave work at 6, head home and freshen up and then come back for me. Giving me ample time to switch from a pile of dirt to a polished pile of dirt.

I opened my tiny wardrobe, and I swore I saw moths fly out. I was being really hopeful about an outfit but when I saw empty hangers and a pile of clothes I wouldn't even think about wearing now my heart sank to my ass. Where was I going to get an outfit now at this time! I had no jeans, which was driving me crazy, jeans were the easiest thing on earth. Quick jeans, a nice shirt, and some heels, sexy in under a minute, I saw a long-sleeved black dress that I had when I was about 18 and I shook my head pathetically, This is what I'm reduced to? I thought grabbing one sleeve pulling it towards me. The wardrobe and I had a full out tug of war going on before I fell to the floor, and the sound of tearing clothing was the melody.

I tore the sleeve, the one outfit which was going to save me, I tore the damn sleeve,

"Nylah, you're a damn mess" I hissed at myself in the mirror. I threw the dress on looking at the jagged mess which remained. I sighed, chewing the inside of my lip when a thought hit me. It was perfect.

I did my makeup, with it really hiding the fact I looked like a haggard old woman underneath, Jeremiah was at the door and all I had to do was buckle my heels. I sauntered to the door, not before looking back at myself, this dress certainly didn't look like this on me when I was 18, my 18-year-old self would whistle at all this ass I had going on.

I pulled the door open only to be drowned in the most masculine scent, it must have been a limited edition called 'Daddy' because that's what I felt like calling the tall, handsome man in front of me. Jeremiah wore a dark blue ass-hugging jeans with a white V neck with a denim jacket over it, simple yet so satisfying to my eyes,

"Wow" he whispered as he eyes danced down my body, "You look amazing"

"What? This old thing?" I said cheekily at my new off the shoulder black dress, stepping past him. He licked his lips, following me and I knew this night was about to be fun.