Chapter 23

I bolted through the door closing it behind me, I shoved his bedroom door open, the fear coursing through my body. I felt like he was following me, I knew he was on my heels, I could just feel his presence. I was almost out of the woods when I pushed the final door open I tripped over the bucket, me and the contents spread across the floor. The water from the bucket soaked my clothing and the floor I didn't even have time to worry about my drenched clothing I needed to get out of there without bumping into Yvonne.

I peeped through the cracked door, the house was in its usual state; completely empty. I sigh escaped my lips and I exited the room going back to the south wing, trying to process everything I saw. I was actually intrigued, hell I wanted to be painted too but there was no way I could strip in front of a man I don't even know. I fiddled with bucket handle since I pushed it out of place when I fell on it,

"Why are you wet?" I snapped around quickly, Yvonne's face was twisted with disgust, I froze,

"I fell. Clumsy clumsy"

"Well go change you're wetting up the carpet" she turned up her nose at the puddle forming at my feet placing his tray of food on the floor outside his door, giving me another glance over.

After finished my work I was in the kitchen resting my feet before I went to check on my babies and to get some rest. The phone rang and she answered it, she 'hmmed' most of her replies while looking at me; she knew. I was definitely fired, she hung up aggressively slamming the phone on the receiver,

"Is everything alright?" I asked casually yet cautiously,

"I told you not to concern yourself with certain things but if you must know we're having a meeting" she marched from the kitchen going upstairs. I couldn't fight the urge to watch her. I knew it was coming, I knew he was going to fire me.

"Come and get this tray" she hollered before going into the wing. I got by the tray and there was no note, maybe he didn't know I picked the plastic tray with food remains up which uncovered the note beneath it. A bone-chilling note 'Warning #1' it read, I sucked down a sharp breath at the unexpected note.

I was so nervous I just went home and sat on the couch waiting for Yvonne to come tell me to pack my stuff up. An hour passed, then another, and it seemed to me Yvonne wasn't coming. The clock read 8:50 pm, she would usually be gone by now. I creep to the garage and her car wasn't there. What was Nicholas up to? I broke the contract and most likely I'm on camera, it made no sense to me.

The following morning everything was exactly how it was before, Yvonne was rude, clients came in and out, the only difference was me. I was mentally freaking out, this was too easy, why would didn't he fire me I needed to know. Friday was completely boring I just worked, but whenever I saw a client go in and come out I wondered what he did. I wondered if he caressed her gently, did he take her to new heights? Did he completely change her day within a few minutes? They all looked so happy and I could only imagine why. I saw flashes of his body whenever I closed my eyes, it was a pleasant distraction. Before I knew it my first week of work was over, I actually made it through an entire week as a maid.

This job actually opened a new door for me, I was actually into interior design. I had so many ideas planned for this house just to make it a little nicer since Nicholas couldn't really care. I headed downstairs going towards the kitchen when the door swung open, Yvonne and Kaiden stepped into view. She scowled when she saw me,

"I see you're finished working" she looked me up and down,

"Yes I just finished, do you need me to collect his tray?"