Chapter 10

Three days. It seemed like so little time, find an outfit get my hair done to find the tiniest slither of motivation to actually go to the party; what could possibly go wrong? Everything under the sun. I decided I'd finally go into the world of online shopping, first of all! I was going through the site and I saw the most gorgeous dress ever I swear the thigh high split was strategically placed just to show enough leg, the dress hugged the model's shapely body perfectly. Without a doubt I was in love I have never seen a more beautiful dress, then my eyes glanced over to the price I almost choked. I felt betrayed never in my life, a dress ever made me feel that way. The dress was saying "Buy me!" but the price was saying "Bitch you tripping". I sighed and closed the tab, saying goodbye to my one true love and continued my search, it was a hopeless search. Within 20 minutes, 3 different options, I found myself back to the dress I loved. Added to cart, entered credit card number and watched as it read "your package is being processed", I was a bit ashamed but a girl has to look good even though I had no intention of being set up with some church guy. I even indulged in getting a few more items so when I paid the extra for the one day delivery it would be worth it.

The agitating buzzing from my phone made me rolled my eyes as I grabbed it,

"Yes?"

"What are you wearing to the party?" a jubilant Janae asked, ever since her and Jeremiah been going out her mood seems to be all giggles and excitement. I loved how happy she was I wanted the same, but not because I needed a man to make me happy, but because I neglected that part of my life,

"I just ordered something," I replied closing down my laptop screen and pushing it across the couch,

"Oh." it sounded like I deflated her happiness in seconds,

"What's wrong?"

"I was thinking be could go shopping since I have the evening off but I guess you have no reason to." she sounded so discouraged,

"I still need to get shoes and figure out what I'm gonna do with my hair. You could help me"

"Great! I'm on my way."

I changed my clothing into something a bit more casual a maroon cropped top and a pair of denim shorts, and I waited downstairs for her. She pulled up next to me rolling down the window to show me her broad smile,

"I didn't expect you to say you'd come since you're always busy," she said as I got in closing the silver car door behind me,

"Yea well you know mums parties are a big deal."

"So true and I hope you like Adam, we could go on double dates" she danced in her seat as the music provided background noise,

"Hold up! There is no way I'm going on a double date with you and Jeremiah and one of my mother's choices for me" she snorted, "Drop the subject."

"Fine. How's Randy and his wife?" the calling of his name made me freeze in my seat, Why would she ask about Randy? I'm sure Jeremiah would've told her I was fired. I've been complaining about Randy and his pretentious wife from the time I started working there. Sylvia really was an annoying plastic woman trying to hold on to her youth, she had every type of work possible, facelift, botox, lip injections, the works, the only thing she really needed was attitude reconstruction. She wasn't a bad looking woman, even in her altered state you knew she was a looker in her younger days, the woman was in her fifties and acted like she was fresh out of secondary school. It was infuriating that a woman her age acted like she had a stick up her ass, she would drop in at work to see how Randy was doing but every time she was there she just hovered around the younger males while giving me nauseating glares. Maybe she thought I was involved with Randy but I wasn't and he wasn't any wiser to notice her sleeping with his staff.

My shopping day with Janae was actually amazing, she got a few dresses and I bought her an enchanting jewelry set to match one of the dresses. When I got home I decided to cook and take a relaxing shower. I checked the website once again to see the progress of my package, to my dismay I saw an error, my heart sank but I reassured myself it was just my mind; it wasn't. My package which was supposed to be halfway to me wasn't even being found. I contacted them and they said my package was lost and they were working on getting it to me. Just when I thought I would trust online shopping I played myself.

Friday, amid the package crisis I went to get my hair done, just a silk press with a few streaks, something new. Well I wonder who the hell told me to get a silk press and streaks, I wanted caramel streaks to brighten up my hair, when she washed the dye out of my hair and handed me the mirror my streaks were blonde,

"What the hell!" I bellowed, my eyes darting between my hair and the cringing woman,

"I have no idea what happened?" she shrugged awkwardly, my anger grew,

"Excuse me? You don't know what happened??? You better figure it to fuck out before I-"

"Is there a problem here?" the owner of the salon asked,

"Uh, hello!" I gestured to my hair,

"I'm sorry, I'll finish it for you"

Luckily when she was done with my hair, I had the most beautiful black bob, she dyed it jet black and even shaped my brows, she didn't want me to pay for the hair but I had to it looked amazing. I loved it despite the previous mistake, I didn't know my natural hair could look so good. After the hair everything seemed to fall into place, my dress arrived and fit perfectly I actually couldn't stop looking at myself I was impressed, I looked in the mirror and saw someone I really liked and all it took was losing my job, and lying to my mother. Not ideal but damn I was glowing, stress-free looked good on me.

I shimmed from my car with my heels hitting the pavement, I was late, my mother and Janae were blowing up my phone but I didn't care. I strutted towards the house as my hips swayed naturally in dress, I pushed open the door with my free hand while the other held the neck of the wine bottle, as my mother's guests got sight of me a bit of murmuring began and a confident smirk crossed my lips. "Good night everyone" I greeted. 

A/N:

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.