Prologue || Quiver

"We throw ourselves away."

x x x

PROLOGUE

Flashback

THE ONCE SCARLET BLOOD that pumped in my veins now pools around me and the dead body of my mother beside me. Her head is drooped downwards as she sits lifelessly on the chair, still tightly strapped unto.

My skin starts to chafe against the rope. It's tied so tightly to my wrists that it was as if my blood circulation could stop any second. Who knows how long I've been held captive here? Hours? Half a day?

"Let's try again." A shiver runs up from my spine as Crowley glances at my father. "Read the demon tablet," he gestures to the stone sitting quietly on the table, "or suffer through a more horrible consequence."

My hoarse throat is begging me to shut up.

My heart's pounding like no tomorrow.

How did all this happen? Why me?

"NO!!! PLEASE, n-n-not my father."

The devil himself , reincarnated, spares me a glance, eyes gleaming with pure wickedness. As if my horrible, current state satisfied the sadist in him, his lips tug up to a satisfied smirk. "You shut your mouth, pet. Or your sweet daddy here will suffer even more if he doesn't wish to cooperate." He cackles. "If that's even possible."

He pulls out a dagger from its' sheath. Time stops, and everything around me is a blur.

I don't pay attention to the blood splattered everywhere,

the haunting dark walls,

nor my mom's dead body.

My focus lies solely on the scene unfolding right before my eyes in slow motion.

No trace of hesitation is seen as he stabs the said dagger into my father's abdomen, twisting it in all directions.

My father's screams fill the hollow, dark room once again and I shriek. But this time, no sound comes from my mouth.

He lets the dagger sink in deeper, and deeper, then yanks it away moments after.

I watch as the light of my father's eyes go out and his head droops down slowly, letting out his last breath.

My heart drops.

I shake. My teeth chatters together like clanking spoons. My head..it feels light. The fear is eating me up painfully slowly like a lion chewing down on its' prey.

I can't take it anymore.

I can't.

I can't!!!

Excruciating pain shoots up my nerves, and the tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I hastily look toward the window, like it could do me any good. Why can't I stop...why can't I stop... why can't I stop crying?!!

"Now, now." He purrs. "We still have more and more hours of torture to go! Dry those tears away, pet. oh, wait. I forgot, your hands are tied." He giggles, seemingly very amused with himself.

"I swear, I swear, Crowley. Once I get my hands on you, I'LL FREAKING SNAP YOUR NECK!!"

He scoffs, crouching down to my level while placing his hand on my chin, so his eyes are staring at my blue ones. "Are you sure about that? You'll never even get to lay a finger on me. Pet."

The way he emphasises his disgusting endearment for me is creepy enough to make my skin crawl. The glare I was giving him is icy, but the message doesn't seem to get past his thick head. I'm yank my chin away from his gloved hands, which were stained with dry blood.

The drake that swirled violently in me is now replaced by an empty, dark feeling of hopelessness.

Just then, I feel something being lifted from me so gently as if the force doing this does not want me to feel hurt.I arch my back, as this force pulls what I assume the life from me.

There it is- death! If I embrace death with open arms, I can finally be with mom and dad

together,

Up at heaven for eternity,

with absolutely no pain.

I had my conclusion set. Die, and meet mom and dad up in heaven. Everything seemed better, solved, even. Maybe, just maybe, I should accept my fate this time.

How bad can it be?

Just then, the door that I thought was heavily locked with a spell, slams open. I immediately snap out of my thoughts, and whip my head to the source of sound.

My already-blurried vision was on the verge of completely hindering my eyesight, but I was able to make out a man in a trench coat striding in with blinding light.

That's all what I was able to make out before my vision turns black, as sweet oblivion accepts me with its grim grasp.

x x x