Bonus Scene

Bonus Scene

"Deer!"

Sam let out a frustrated sigh he held for too long. As he sat on the table with his arms crossed together, his eyes darted between Dean and Cas, who had sheepish, and apologetic looks on their faces.

"So tell me," Sam began, narrowing his eyes at the fidgeting two, "why did i come home to see the Impala wrecked?"

"It was just a little accident, okay?"Dean chuckled nervously under his little brother's scrutinising gaze, "we were just driving by the highway and all—enjoying the summer air, y'know?"

Flashback

"I'm on a highway to Hell!"

Dean belted out the lyrics, whilst tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

As Dean bounced his head to the beat, Cas shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He thought the music blasting from the radio was loud enough to deaf anyone by a mile away. And what worried him the most that the music might wake up any sleeping animals nearby in the trees.

A gentle Cas, Indeed.

Cas made a noise of worry, then said, "Dean, I think...I think we should lower the volume."

Dean didn't seem to share the same concerns as Cas did, because he shook his head violently and just picked up the car's pace.

Cas slumped in his seat, defeated.

Just at that moment, AC / DC got to the second chorus, which made Dean laugh out loud. He mouthed the lyrics to Cas, adding a lot of exaggeration as he strummed his imaginary electric guitar.

Cas smiled to himself. If Dean was feeling jolly, so was he. A road trip was all what he needed to take his—no, both their minds off hunting.

Happy moments.. rare.

Cas tends to treasure this moment forever.

Whizzing down the highway with such high speed and music blaring out of the car, everything was perfect.

Not the mention, they were both alone.

wHaT cOuLd Go WrOnG?

When Cas returned his gaze back to the road, he saw a deer just inches away from being

However, Dean was too busy belting out the lyrics to notice this said deer.

Eyes widening, he sat up, as his hand flew to Dean's arm and tightly and shook it.

"Dean! Deer!"

Dean turned and looked at Cas, "yes, dear?"

x x x