17 | Bye, Purgatory! Sup, Winchesters?

Chapter 17 | Bye, Purgatory! Sup, Winchesters?

NEVER IN CLARISSA'S LIFE did she ever think she'd hate vampires this much. Normally, those bloodsuckers were just an easy kill— off with their heads. Who could blame her? The place was just simply swarming with vampires.

She thought about how nice to wake up in the morning without a leviathan in her face or a nest of vampires bolting to get a piece of her. This immediately brought back memories— Dean once splashed ice cold water in her face when Clarissa refused to get up from bed because of a hungover from a drinking game they had that night. She smiled at the memory.

Sure, she had miss Sam and Dean. Up to this day, why Crowley sent her to Purgatory remains a mystery. Of course, she had tried to suck a bit of information from some of the vampires, and by that,  I mean by torture. Obviously, they wouldn't give the jig up, therefore accepting death.

She couldn't deny that at the beginning of each day, she waited for Sam and Dean to suddenly pop in and give her an reassuring smile. They'd pat her in the head and say that everything would be alright. But at the same time, that thought made her cringe. She wasn't expecting them to come charging right in Purgatory, riding horses, wearing silver armour with swords in their hands, ready to save the damsel in distress.

She looked down at her own reflection on the lake, which stared right back at her. Her lips twisted up to a smile when she thought about how her hair looked like she just got out of the salon— it looked puffy and bouncy; still somehow intact despite all the fighting. She held her hand over the open cuts in her face, golden light then shone out of her palm. She felt the wound slowly closing, her skin turning smooth once again.

She smirked, "my face is too precious to be wounded."

As she held out her hand over the flowing waters of the lake, she motioned her hand downwards with a flick, and instantly, the waters turned clean. Seeing the water so fresh and purified tingled a bit of happiness inside of her. She wasn't much a sucker for nature, but doing stuff like that made her feel at peace; it's a different kind of happiness.

"Mother Nature doing her usual routine rounds is quite a sight to see."

She narrowed her eyes. She hadn't heard this suave voice from anywhere.  Deciding to play along, she stood up cooly, turned around, and analysed the man up and down. "You won't be having any sights to see after I finish you off."

He chuckled, "the name's Benny. Calm down, sister. The Winchesters sent me; more like Dean. Someone rained on Baby Sammy's sunshine."

So much for trying to be suave, her ears perked up, mood brightening, "Really?! Where are they?"

"Certainly not in Purgatory. Buckle up, girl. We're catching the next flight out."

She skipped almost too eagerly over to where he was standing. Her heart was thumping fast. She could already herself finally reunited in Sam and Dean's arms, snuggled against the warm bed sheets in her room, savouring the great water-pressure of the shower.

She stopped in her tracks when it hit her. "why should I trust you?"

He chuckled, "of course you'd ask that. You almost seemed too gullible there, Hawkings."

"Quiet."

He sighed, bringing a hand to his nose bridge, embarrassed to the say the following statement,