09 | Peanut

"I just wanted to let you know that when I picture myself happy, it's with you."
-Dean Winchester

09 | Peanut

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HUNTING?" Dean asks, handing me a now-loaded gun and I take it, shooting the dummy on the head with ease, making it topple to the floor. The gun creates a booming thunder-like sound, still ringing in my ears even with the earmuffs on my aid.

He lets out a whistle. "Bull's eyes. Nice, Rissa."

I smile cockily, "thanks. I've been hunting long enough to keep me up and kicking." distancing myself further from the target, and almost effortlessly, each bullet strike at the dummy's head and chest area. Removing the earmuffs and setting it on the table, I give Dean a smile. "aren't I awesome?"

"Not as awesome as me."

"You wish." I say, quoting him from last night.

He lets out an amused laugh  as he shifts his weight to the right side of his leg and leans his muscular arm to the table. Suddenly, It's as if we weren't in the shooting arena outside the bunker anymore. Everything is quiet as we stare at each other's eyes. My eyes focus on the green orbs staring intensely right back at me.

Is it possible for one's eyes be so so very green?
His eyes were the glimmering colour of emerald, sparkling under the morning sun's rays, reminding me of the fresh sheen of morning dew, dripping down a leaf.

It's obvious he has been through a lot of shit. Maybe even more than an 80 year old military soldier. I could tell by his eyes.

He has this kind of face that makes you stop in your tracks- he's muscular, alright. My eyes trail down to his sharp jawline that compliments his badass demeanour.

But gosh, why does he have to be strikingly handsome?

A smug smile dances across his face, his ego increasing more than ever. "Done checking me out?"

I snap out of my trance. Ignoring his egoistic statement, we make our way out of the shooting arena, ready to take a shower from all the sweat glistening flawlessly on our skin under the morning sun. It's hard to believe how he turned to his usual self after what happened earlier noon. Is that how he covers up his emotions?

Meanwhile, a smile makes a way on my face with me knowing. "Rissa? Is that my new nickname?"

"Yep." He says, popping the 'p'.

"Actually," he pauses and looks at me with a wondrous look, " 'Rissa' almost sounds like 'Reeses'. The chocolate. And they have those peanut chunks in them. How about I call you Peanut?"

I give him an exasperated look, but somehow my lips twist up into a smile. Giggling, I elbow him in the ribs. "Dean! That's so weird! And random!"

Ew, did I just...giggle?

I've never done that before.

NANI?!!!

(AN: sorry I really had the urge to add that for some reason lmao)

"But it's creative, Peanut! Plus, it's been made by Dean Winchester himself; the god of all gods." He makes a model-like pose,except it wasn't so graceful. Either way, he had hand on his waist and the other one going through his dirty blonde locks, mimicking the shampoo commercials you often see in TV.

I roll my eyes, trying to look serious. But he continued to pose and gave me fierce looks, and I bursted out laughing while clutching my sides. You could almost here cameras clicking away as he continues posing and swaying his hips side to side while I both cringed and guffawed at the sight of him being so out of character.

"You're so goddamn full of yourself, Dean." I mutter, with a bigger grin. The way my nickname rolls off his tongue just sends shivers through my spine. I could listen to him repeating my nickname all over again with his usual husky voice. "I like it."

"Me?"

"My new nickname, you idiot!"

I feel Dean's eyes on me, but he doesn't say anything. I search his face for any trace of emotion, but detecting nothing in particular. Strange, how good is he in keeping monotone expressions?

"What?" I snap, self-conscious.

"You're mysterious, you know? You're interesting. I don't even know about your background life. It seems you popped out of nowhere, destined to be with us."

My eyebrows rose at this. The atmosphere became oddly different from a while ago, and there's tension building.

I chuckle, playfully hitting him on the shoulder, "you got me."

He looks at me with surprise, like he didn't expect me to react that way. Why is he so surprised though? I mean, I'm me. He then clears his throat like nothing ever happened.

An awkward laugh escapes from both of our lips at the same time and I turn around, heading back to my room. All I wanted to do was to escape from the suffocating awkwardness. I really need that shower.

x x x