19 | Trial and Error [ Chasing Our Tails ]

Chapter 19 | Trial and Error [ Chasing Our Tails ]

DEAN SLAPPED HIMSELF. Literally slapped himself. How cringy could he could be? Giving a stuffed bear to Clarissa? Give him so credit, he was proud of the idea. But it was so unlike him— so sweet and... cliche.

Damn, I'm a living chick flick moment now. He thought

He was satisfied, though, when he saw her hugging Mr. Boo after he left her room.

He entered the library with three plates of hamburgers too see Sam and Clarissa stuffing their noses in lores. "What are you reading?"

"Sort of, uh, everything." Sam answered.

He placed the a plate in front of Sam and Clarissa, "well, good, somebody's gotta dig through this and it ain't gonna be me."

"Well aren't you a bitch?" She retorted.

"Not as bitchy as you, Peanut."

She scoffed and eyed the hamburger. She snuck a glance at Sam who was going the same. "You made these?" He asked.

"We have a real kitchen, now." He stated, his voice incredulous.

"I know, but—"

"Didn't think you knew what a kitchen was, Dean."

Sam glared at me for interrupting me and she smiled. Not so apologetically.

"I'm nesting, okay?" He gestured to the hamburgers, "eat."

Sam and Clarissa sunk their teeth in the burgers. She rose her brows. 'Not bad, actually.' She thought.

"Huh? Yeah."

"Wow."

"You're welcome." Dean stated smugly.

Dean leaned on to take a bite when his cellphone rang. Clarissa watched as he sighed, placing the burger down on his plate before scrambling to answer the phone. He checked the caller ID before answering.

"yo."

"Dean? Come quick." A tired, nauseous voice said.

"What? Kevin? ...Kevin?!"

"Something wrong?" Sam asked, chewing.

"Guess." Dean sassed, shutting the phone close as he stood up. Sam's jaw clenched and followed him, ushering Clarissa to come with. She pouted, but stood up anyways.
Before they exited the library, they exchanged glances before and smirked, both scrambling to retrieve their plates, bringing it with them.

x x x

Clarissa held on to the gun tightly as Dean bursted through the door of the boathouse. Her nose scrunched up at the old smell. At the same time, she was worried for Kevin. She had a soft spot for the kid, and basing from the pleading of his voice from the phone call, something must be wrong.

Dean took glances left to right before entering his room, "Kevin? It's us."

"Come out come out wherever you are."