Safe in My Arms

Reylo_is_My_Halo

Kylo's POV
I walked up the ramp, carrying the scavenger in my arms.

"Commander Ren, would you like-"

"I'm fine." I walked past the stormtroopers.

I used the Force to open the door to my shuttle's private command room, near the main control room.

The room was plain with only a single black leather chair and a communications panel.

"Ren, do you have the droid?" General Hux's voice came through the panel.

"No. We have what we need." I replied, taking a seat in my chair, resting the girl in my lap.

"You found the map to Skywalker?"

"I found a map to Skywalker."

"A map? Not the original one within the droid?"

"The girl has seen the map." I sneered. "The girl is all we need." I switched the communications panel off with the Force.

The shuttle was quick to take flight and flew from Takodana's atmosphere toward Starkiller Base.

The girl laid still in my lap, peacefully sleeping.

I moved my arm out from under her knees, but kept the other under her head for support.

I stared at her through the mask, half expecting her to wake up, half wishing she would remain asleep.

I reached my hand towards her face, closing my eyes, and easing into her mind.

Questions echoed inside my own mind.

Who is this girl?

Is she with the Resistance?

Where is she from?

What is her occupation?

An image of her rises up in her memory and I see a desert planet with the remains of battle settled in the sand.

She carries many pieces from within an old imperial ship and lugs them down to a speeder of sorts.

She's just a scavenger.

I move to another memory in search of more information.

A memory coming sweeping towards me of a disgusting man, wiping sweat on his forehead and looking over the pieces the girl has placed in front of him.

A bead of sweat dances down the girl's face and she ignores it, staring at the man.

"Well Rey, these are worth one quarter portion."

The girl, Rey, gives a slight nod.

"Rey." I whisper to myself aloud.

Searching further, shifting through memories I come to her seeing stormtroopers.

She looks down at her hand, and a darker hand holds it, and I hear her ask what he, FN-2187, is doing, as he urges her to run.

The droid is there as well, but how did a scavenger convince the droid to show the map to her?

"Sir."

I pull out of Rey's mind, I turn my head enough, so I can signal that I'm listening.

"We have landed, sir. General Hux has requested your presence."

I slid my arm under her knees again and stand, keeping her to my chest.

"Tell him I deny is offer." I say.

"I don't believe he was off-" I turn to the officer and he goes silent. "Yes sir." He nods and rushes off.

- - -

I carefully place Rey on the interrogation chair.

Closing the restraints enough that she won't be able to escape, but not tight enough to hurt.

If she isn't with the Resistance, then really no harm shall be done, if making an ally out of her is possible.

I turn the lights up a shade brighter than I would usual interrogate someone, because I have nothing to hide from her here and she has nothing to hide from me.

She can't possibly hide anything from me.

I crouch down for a moment kneeling in wait, until she wakes up.

My curiosity spikes again and I find myself searching her memories once more.

"You're Han Solo!" Rey says excitedly. The words feel dull and numb to me, even though I can feel her excitement.

"I used to be."

I push pass the memory, not wanting to see him.

I recognize a planet, as she lands the Falcon with Han Solo.

Takodana.

The beautiful lake stretches across in front of her and I watch as she takes in the new less harsh sun and smells of something other than sand.

Once again my fath-, Han Solo, approaches, but I remain in this memory in search of her alliance to him or not.

He offers her a job and she surprisingly declines, although I can sense her feelings towards him. Not romantic, but trust.

I brush past the memory, lacking any useful information, and see a glance of me.

She's seen me?

I dabble around with the memory, a force vision she was.

I watch the force vision inspecting for anything important...

She was abandon? Her parents didn't want her? They just pawned her off on that man from before... just like how my parents sent me away to Luke.

I swallow hard and close my eyes, to hold back the tears

I look over her outfit for any mark of Resistance, or showing what side she supports.

I look towards her obviously worn boots and hear her suddenly catch her breath, jumping awake.

I stay low, as to show my intentions of not attacking her and hoping I don't suddenly stand and scare her.

She looks around and her eyes land on me.

She glances down to the chair once more and looks back to me. "Where am I?"

I swallow and realize her angelic her voice is. "You're my guest."