If I Asked (Part 2)

MaFerSFernndezVirrey

N/A: Since you asked, here it is. Sorry it took a while to write. Enjoy

Rey's POV
Kylo takes my hand and the cell around us vanishes as we appear in a different place.

I see Ben's back standing in a field of lively greens and rock or old rumble scatter about.

He turns to face me and I see his face spilling sorrow.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

Kylo's POV
Rey vanishes from before me and the destruction of war lies in my wake. A field of dark greens nourished by rain stretches before me covered in rumbles of a building.

I turn away to see Rey at the bottom of the hill I stand upon.

"I'm sorry." I tell her.

"Ben." She smiles.

I take a couple steps toward her, confused by her smile, but welcoming it.

"Ben." She rushes forward and embraces me.

I notice the eyes of strangers upon us in the tree line and my instinct is to protect her.

She looks up at me and our eyes lock again and the room changes back.

"Did you see that?" She asks breaking the silence.

"I saw something... What did you-"

"We have to go." She tugs on my hand, but let's it go to replace her helmet.

"Closer hanger is out to the left." I tell her.

"I'll follow you."

I give a quick nod and we begin running.

We are 10 feet from the hangar doors when the alarms blare.

"Kind of surprised we got this far before they noticed." I say as we both kneel down next to the wall.

Rey takes off her helmet. "I'm not. When I escaped it took a bit."

"Yeah, I was the first to notice you escaped. Should of known we would get a couple extra minutes."

She gives me a small smile and the corner of my mouth twitches up.

"Well let's go. They are probably checking cameras now."

"Good call." I get to my feet and head for the hangar. "Quick and quiet should be key."

She nods. "I'll follow your lead."

I turn and we continue our journey back to the Resistance.

Stormtroopers are talking and appeared to have not heard the alarm or been given orders.

I'm surprised by how ignorant they seem or maybe that's because I'm not in charge anymore.

I hide behind a crate and Rey takes cover behind a nearby different one.

I make eye contact and tilt my head in the direction of my Tie Slicer. I know it supposed to fit one, but we will make it work.

She confirms our silent plan with a nod and I turn back to my ship.

I stretch out my hand to move the nearby stepping ladder into place so we can run up and get in quickly.

The ladder squeaks in protest and I freeze.

I lock eyes with Rey and can see the worry yet determination in her eyes.

Stormtroopers' chatter comes closer and I know they're on to us. I go ahead and finish moving the ladder and undo the latch.

I turn back to Rey. 'Go.' I mouth.

She takes a piece of the stormtrooper armour off and throws it away to make a distraction.

It clacks loudly and the I heard the stormtroopers' steps hault.

Rey takes off running and the attention draws back to her shortly as she takes the first step of the ladder.

"There!" They begin firing, but miss by a couple of feet.

A bolt blasts through the air directly at her back as throws the hatch open.

I stand and reach out, stopping the bolt with one hand and freezing all the stormtroopers with my other.

She looks over her shoulder at me.

I redirect the bolt back to the trooper who shot it and fling the troopers back through the air.

I run towards her. "There's only one seat." She says and takes a seat on the edge of the top entrance.

I take the ladder two step at a time. "I know." I say as I slid through the opening past her. I settle into the seat. "Come on." I tell her and she just stares. "You don't have time to argue."

I blaster is fired and she drops down into my lap.

"Lean to the right and just sit back against me."

I flip the switches and bring the ship to life. We make it out the hangar with minimal damages to the ship.

I sigh after I complete the jump into hyperspace.

"Well this is comfy." Rey complains.

"Go ahead and sit up." She does as told. "You can discard the armour if you want."

"Okay." She says softly and begins scattering stormtrooper pieces about.

"I got your back." I tell her and help with her back plate.

"Thanks for also having my back with the stormtroopers."

"You're welcome." I take her back plate off. "Thanks for helping me escape."

"Yeah. You too."

We continue taking off the white pieces with some uncomfortable shuffling and this cockpit really isnt meant for two people.

"Want me to help with the zipper?" I offer.

"I actually... um... took off most of my clothes when I got the stormtrooper gear."

"Oh... um... yeah, just leave that on." She tears the fabric at her waist. "What are you doing?"

"Making it more comfortable. I was  burning up in that."

"Okay." I tilt my head, then pull out of hyperspace.

"Not going to waste some good fabric." She rolls the top of her new pants and shows a little more midriff.

"Once a scavenger, always a scavenger." She tilts her head at me now. "I mean that in a good way."

She gives a small smile. "Okay." She turns her back to me and repositions herself to sit in my lap, but blocks my view of the control panel.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking us back to the Resistance."