It Feels like Finally

Rey's POV
My alarm blared out playing Lauv's 'I Like Me Better' and I scrambled to silence it.

I turn my bedside lamp on and shield my eyes from the light determined to make it into my eyes.

I carefully check the time to see it's 3:01 AM. Today's the day.

I pull off my warm, comfy, sleep inducing pajamas and slip on my clothes I laid out 4 hours earlier that feel cold and harsh against my skin.

I look over at my laptop to see him, Kylo, my peacefully asleep Kylo, on screen still after we started the video chat at 8 PM and I dozed off around 1 AM.

Today had just begun and I was so ready for it, but so tired after only receiving 2 hours of sleep.

'Good morning babe, I'll see you later today' I sent to him then end the call and close the laptop.

I pack my charger and glance around my room once more before I close the door and grab a quick breakfast.

Headlights per through the window of my apartment's living room window. I peer out the closed blinds to see Finn's car and he flashes the headlights telling me to hurry up, but momentarily blinding my tired eyes.

Burrito in one hand and a suitcase in the other I leave my apartment quickly flipping the lock.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I mumble to myself as the freezing Decemeber air greets my face.

Finn opens the truck to his grey Nissan Rogue and I place my suitcase in then move to the front seat.

"Morning Peanut." I grumble to him.

"The things I do for you." The truck closes and he shifts into reverse.

"You know I love you." I remind him.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too." He pulls onto the street and we head for the airport. "Airport is an hour away. What time did you say you're flight was?"

"6:16 AM." I glance at the clock and it's only 3:24 AM so we are running a little behind.

"Shouldn't be any traffic this early in the morning."

"Lucky us." I rest my head the door frame.

"Nah huh, you don't get to sleep." Finn slides down my window some.

"No, don't do that." I whine and roll it back up.

"Wakey, wakey." He smiles.

"Uuuggghhh." I groan in protest.

"At least I turned your seat warmer on for you."

"Thanks." I give him a sleepy smile.

We drive in almost silence as he searches for music on the radio. "So how much sleep did you get last night?"

"2 hours."

"Girl." He critizes.

"Totally worth it." I smile and lean my head against the seat.

"You're going to see him in less than 24 hours."

"So. I wanted to see him last night." I close my eyes and begin drifting.

. . .

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty." Finn gently wakes me. "We're at the airport."

"What time is it?" I yawn and stretch as much as I can in the car.

"4:12." He shuts off the car. "Right on time."

We climb out the car and he retrieves my bags from the back. "I'll text you when I land."

"And I'll call when I get off work." He smiles. "Come here peanut." He pulls me into a hug.

His cologne fills my nose and scent just makes his arms feel like home. "I'll miss you." I give him a squeeze.

"Its just 2 weeks plus you'll be with Kylo."

"I know." I release him. "I'll just miss my routine kinda."

"Don't miss getting up early and going to work." He chuckles. "This should be your vacation."

I sigh and check the time. "Time to start my vacation."

. . .

I pull my phone from my jacket pocket and turn it off airplane mode.

"Attention passengers, we appreciate you flying with American Airlanes and hope you travel with us again. The current time is 1:09pm, one minute ahead of schedule. Checked bags will be at Baggage Claim 3. Once again, we thank you for your business."

I open a new text to Kylo and feel my butterflies come alive in my stomach. "I've landed."

"I'm here waiting."

"I'll see you soon."

"Yes you will."

I put my phone back in my jacket pocket and carefully make my way to the aisle so I don't bump my head.

I drag my luggage out the overhead bin and off the plane, wrestling it between the seats and down the narrow walkway.

My footsteps echo and my heart rate is picking up as I exit the ramp. I swallow hard and glance around the travelers waiting to board their own planes. I begin taking big breaths and make my way towards the exit.

Following the exit signs I feel my heart jump everything I see the arrow know I'm getting closer and closer to seeing him.

The first time I will have seen him in person since he graduated 4 years ago.

I see the glass doors guarded by TSA (airport security) and know hes just on the other side waiting for me.

Will it be a cheesy reunion? With flowers or a dorky sign? Will people clap? Will the credits roll and the latest catchy song play in the background? I don't know but I'm about to find out.

My luggage rolls behind me and it feels like I'm stuck in slow motion as my eyes see his jet black hair and he smiles... right at me.

The moment kicks in gear and throw my arms around him the second he's in range.

I drop my luggage as he lifts me in the air. I take in the scent of his cologne, then draw myself away and look at him.

I pull myself towards him and I kiss him.

And its feels like...

Finally.