40

"Anna!" Charlotte yelled from the other side of the room and ran over to me as I was carefully laying out the tablecloths on each table. When she reached me I noticed how she seemed to be out of breath. Then she inhaled and prepaired.
"Where have you been?!" She yelled in my face and I was so taken by surprise that I almost stumbled backwards.
"I've been looking everywhere for you since the blackout!" She complained.
I didn't feel like telling her about my little alone time with Jihoon so I didn't reply to anything.
"Whatever, come help me." She said and pulled me along with her.

I followed behind her quick steps. "What are we going to do?" I asked because I didn't even know where we were going.
"Behind stage." She answered and I gulped. "Why?"
She chuckled when I asked. "Why do you think? We're going fix some things regarding the bands performance."
I repeated my step and laughed nervously. "Of course... Do I have to do it?" I tried to halt the situation but she only glanced at me and continued walking. "Didn't you want to help?" She reminded me and I stayed quiet for the rest of the way there.

Backstage was as big as the actual stage even though it didn't feel that way because of all the heavy equipment lying around. There were thick ropes stretched from the floor and all the way to the roof, several mics and earpieces for all performers, also cords laying everywhere on the floor for you to fall over. Luckily I didn't see the band anywhere, which meant that they probably were chillin' in their own waiting room.
In relief I sighed and as I did Charlotte turned to me with the earpieces in her hands and held them out for me to take. "Here, bring these to the boys and make sure that they get ready and come out here." She told me and I grabbed them and carefully put some of them in my pockets. "Um.. Where..?" I sqeaked and she stared at me for a second.
"Actually I don't really know that, so ask around." She told me and shrugged her shoulders and walked away towards a group of workers.

With no idea where to go and with an anxious feeling in my stomach I strolled around in the long corridors yet again.
After some time I found a door with WannaOne's name and logo taped on.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door three times. I waited for a few seconds before Woojin opened the door and raised a suspicious eyebrow. He probably recognized me.
He let me inside the room and when I hade entered I noticed that not everyone was there. Both Daniel and Jihoon was missing which made me very relieved. I asked where everyone were because I only saw five of them, but Woojin and the others in the room said that they didn't know. I guessed that they were just lost in the maze of corridors somewhere.
I explained what they were supposed to do and helped them with the earpieces. When I was done I ran out of there as fast as I could and returned to Charlotte to make sure that I wouldn't be there when the others came back.

About half an hour later I crouched behind a big box and tried not to be seen by the group that was performing on the stage. If either Daniel or Jihoon saw me I didn't know what would happen and I didn't want to risk anything.
As I was watching them Charlotte creeped up beside me and scared me nearly to death with her greeting and smirk. "Hey" She said and couldn't stop smiling.
"What are you doing? You like them right~" She continued and I stood up and smoothly walked away. "What do you want? Anything I should help with?" I tried to change the subject and she followed me. "I wanted to talk to you about something." She said and stopped teasing me.
"Do you have anything planned after you graduate from school? It's not long until then." She asked and I glanced at her. "Nothing." I answered and she pulled my arm to make me stop walking. "Then why don't you come with me to Europe?"

"Europe?!" I couldn't believe my ears. Was she inviting me to come live with her in our home country?
"What would I do there?" I asked and she smiled again. "Wouldn't it be great for you to explore the world a little? And there's a university that educate you about this type of work there that I recommend for you." She paused and waited for me to reply but I had no idea what to say, everything was so sudden.
"I can see it. You like this job don't you?" She added and her smile softened to that of a true caring aunt.
I thought for a moment and nodded slowly. "I'll talk to my parents about it." I told her and walked away, leaving her by the stage.

Leave korea? I hadn't thought about doing that before. Maybe it would be a great thing to do, a chance to discover new things. But that would mean that I would have to leave everyone behind wouldn't it...
I felt a sudden stinging pain in my chest and turned around, hesitated. I saw Daniel and Jihoon doing their best on the stage on the other side of the room.
The offer Charlotte gave was tempting and actually felt like something I should do... But could I leave them?

~To be continued~

...