The Garden (Ghazal)

As long as the roots are not severed in the garden,
All is well, and all will be covered in the garden.

For roots are what holds a tree up to the sun,
As high as you have endeavoured in the garden.

Growth has its seasons, first comes spring and summer,
Then we have fall and winter hovered in the garden.

There will be growth in the spring as it's always been,
When seeds of hope will be discovered in the garden.

The gardener Most abandons not their garden's roots,
Nor they neglect the blooms uncovered in the garden.

########

A/N.

I really hope to find a reader who knows the reference in this poem 😁... It's inspired by a classic movie (Being There) ... If you happen to be a fan of (Peter Sellers) you might know the reference. So until I come across one of those fans, I hope you guys enjoy.

***A (Ghazal) is a poem that is made up like an (odd numbered) chain of (couplets), where each couplet is an independent poem. It should be natural to put a comma at the end of the first line.

The Ghazal has a (refrain) of (one to three words that repeat), and an (inline rhyme) that precedes the refrain.

Lines ( 1 and 2,) then every second line, has this (refrain) and (inline rhyme), and the last couplet should refer to the authors pen-name... The rhyming scheme is (AA bA cA dA eA etc.)