three || surprises

jeno eases himself into his seat in his classroom, his mathematics teacher talking about formulas in a monotonous voice.

he yawns, thinking about the day before when he 'rescued' mark out of his situation.

the girl he saw didn't have a familiar face, and so he concluded that she probably wasn't from his cohort.

so that leaves him two possibilities: the girl was either a year one or two student.

when they reported this to the headquarters, taeil was notified immediately as her actions could be related to joker.

she could be from joker.

if she is, jeno has no idea where they keep getting new recruits.

anyways, taeil told them that the suit of diamonds will look into it and update them about it soon.

as he was deep in his thoughts, he begins doodling on his math worksheet. he didn't even notice that the class was over.

neither did he notice that a male teacher had entered, and all the girls were busy buzzing about him.

he soon begins his introductions.

"good afternoon, everyone. your old science teacher has unfortunately resigned," the man speaks with a loud and clear voice.

a few murmurs surround the classroom.

"i hope i'll be a good replacement. i will be your new teacher," he announces, and the murmurs grow louder. seems like the girls like it a lot.

"i am...mr.seo," he smirks a little as he surveys the classroom, as if looking for someone.

"otherwise, known as seo johnny." his smirk widens as jeno finally looks up at him, and the two make eye contact.

jeno's eyes widen in surprise.

seo johnny....? the name struck a chord.

one of the leaders of joker.

he lets a soft gasp and swiftly turns away from his gaze. donghyuk and jaemin don't have the same science class as him, so they probably don't know it.

in a flash, the lesson ends. jeno couldn't pay attention. he didn't. all he did was contact donghyuk with his telepathy to warn him.

as the students in the class leaves the classroom bit by bit, only the duo are left in the room.

"oh, student. why aren't you leaving?" johnny smiles friendlily.

"mr seo. no, i mean johnny..." jeno picks up his bag. "i should be the one asking that question."

"straight to business, jeno?" he chuckles. "very like you."

"shut up, don't speak as if you know me that well," jeno glares at him. "why are you here?"

"why am i here? you don't suppose i will just tell you. how ignorant, i thought you grew up." his lips curved into a smug smile.

jeno huffs. "don't evade my question. do you have any connection with...lee hyeji?" he narrows his eyes.

firstly her, now seo johnny?

suspicious.

jeno watches as his smile fades. "lee hyeji?"

johnny scoffs. "i don't know who she is, and I don't care." he death stares jeno.

"anyways, young lee," johnny slowly walks up to his side. "tell your team leader i send my regards." he speaks in a low voice and exits the room.

jeno presses his lips into a thin line.

"what the hell is going on?"

_____________________________

johnny closes the door behind him and thinks for a moment.

"lee hyeji...?" he furrows his brows. "it's not the same person, is it?" his face was plastered with confusion.

"i better tell taeyong." he walks away from the door and pulls out his phone from his pocket.

he glances around his surroundings, making sure that no one is nearby.

he then finally dials the number and puts his phone to his ears.

"hello, taeyong."

"what is it? what did you find?"

"oh come on, chill. not even gonna say hi?"

"get to the point, johnny." taeyong firmly says.

"hm. okay,"

"lee hyeji." he whispers in a low tone.

"what?"

"they know about her. jeno lee mentioned her name. but i'm not sure if it's the one we know."

"is that so?" taeyong contemplates. "watch them closely for now. see if it really is her."

"yes, got it. what about his orders?"

"follow it. my orders aren't that different from his."

"okay, I'll contact you if anything unusual happens, and if...I really do find her," johnny pauses.

"what will you do?"

"..." taeyong stays silent.

"i don't know. we'll have to see if her powers have awakened."

"....i see. then, i'll contact you soon."

johnny removes his mobile phone from his ear and ends the call. he deletes his call log history.

observing his surroundings again, he then walks away from the spot he was at, his shoes echoing throughout the hallway.

___________________________

a/n: what are your guesses on lee hyeji?
:)