twenty two || enemily

A/N: y'all the chapter's title is a mixture of 'family' and 'enemy' does that word exist??

"it's already too late." hyeji hears renjun whisper under his breath when the door beside them clicks open.

"shit." she internally facepalms at her inauspicious words earlier.

before they could even move another inch, the door is pulled open and there stood a very, very, tall man.

he looks down at them and his eyes dart back and forth between the girl and boy in front of him.

"what on earth are the two of–" his words were cut off as renjun's eyes glowed a bright green.

oh, mind control. thank god.

johnny's hands fall to his sides as if he was hypnotised, and he took a step back into the room.

but before he could shut the door back up, an amused voice coming from inside the room pipes up.

"oh dear," a hand covers johnny's eyes and renjun's eyes stopped glowing.

"what do we have here?" the voice steps out from behind johnny, who was still confused, and there stood a man with a charismatic aura.

hyeji scorns, and renjun gasps.

taeyong's eyes travelled to hyeji's.

"oh? hello, sister. seems like you're on a little adventure with your friend here. care to tell me why?" hands in his pockets, he strides up to hyeji and leans forward.

his eyes narrow in delight with a small smile at his lips. "hmm? tell me, lee hyeji. don't be so defiant. wouldn't want me to report you."

hyeji sighs as her eyes moved to renjun. he nods.

"we came to search for information....of our leader." she mumbles unwillingly.

taeyong laughs.

"interesting. your own leader. okay, i get it," he backs away and nods thoughtfully. "that man does hide many secrets."

"what are you going to do about this, taeyong?" johnny speaks up curiously.

"...come in." taeyong's smug smile falls, and he gestures for the two of them to enter the room he'd just left.

"don't want the other members to see them. johnny, close the door." he orders as johnny complies. we entered the room that was well lit and a long, white table with chairs in the same colour surrounds it.

renjun studies the two joker recruits cautiously. taeyong, being hyeji's older brother,  probably wouldn't expose them, but...

johnny suh might. there was not a single reason why he shouldn't.

"why did you ask us to come in here?" renjun talks for the first time after bumping into joker.

taeyong cocks his head to the side. "i'm not sure i know what you're asking. obviously, i'm not about to report the two of you. if you're not here for us, there's no reason for me to."

"...right." renjun glances at johnny who was sitting opposite of him, beside taeyong.

not a reason for you to, not him.

"hey, don't waste our time. if you're not gonna provide us with information, we're leaving." hyeji snaps at taeyong.

"calm down now, i have more information than what our system provides."

hyeji huffs. "spill it, then."

taeyong chuckles. "alright. what do you want to know?"

"tell us about his connection with the house of min." taeyong's eyes focused on renjun as he asked that question. he discreetly took a glimpse of hyeji and then returned his gaze on the young boy.

he smiles. "house of min, huh? so you guys know that mark lee is it's heir already, don't you?"

renjun nods.

"okay, then...i'll tell you. mark's parents, those who died in the mansion, they were close friends with taeil."

this time, taeyong's words seemed to spark an interest in hyeji as she immediately asked,

"close friends? how?"

taeyong chuckles. "moon taeil, he's a pure blood...like you and i."

"but the house of min was known to be tremendously...evil." hyeji frowns.

"that you're wrong. mark's parents never wanted the competition. it was all about that grandfather of mark's, lee minjoon. on his parent's death bed, they pleaded taeil to free their son from this treacherous cycle," he slowly begins explaining.

"so taeil agreed, and...he erased all of mark's memories, putting him in ace, in his organisation."

"how...do you know all of these?" hyeji asked.

"because like you, this has something to do with our organisation. at least, that's what i think." he replies.

"what exactly do you mean? what does this have to do with blackjack and joker?" puzzled, renjun asks.

he flashes a mysterious smile. "you see, i...am trying to find out about the mastermind of my organisation."

"what?! you don't know who he is?" renjun exclaims, surprised.

"sadly. he always hides himself behind a curtain. even uses a voice changer."

"and what does this have to do with our organisation as a whole? sure, mark's the heir of the house of min, but so what?"

"i'm surprised you haven't figured it out, huang renjun. did i overestimate you?"

"overestimate..." renjun furrows his brows.

what? what could be the connection? mark, mark and–

mark and the mastermind of joker....

what's their connection?

"no way, right?" renjun gasps at the conclusion he drew up in his head.

"why not? anything's possible. now this makes me wonder why the hell i'm in joker."

"what are you two saying?" hyeji chips in.

"the connection between our two organisations! mark– the one we want to find out more of, and the mastermind of joker– the one taeyong wants to find out more of–"

his words were cut off as the door slams open. following right after the loud thud, a deep voice interrupts the silence in the air.

"my, my, seems like there's a little meeting here without me, huh?"

____________________________

A/N: bolded words huhhh
tbh i'm planning on ending this book in 30 chapters so y'all know what i meaaaan
-mil