twenty five || code red

third person pov

renjun took a deep breath to calm his nerves and tried to remove the noises around him. he could still hear thumps and crashes in the room he had just left, and was sure that taeyong was keeping johnny busy.

he takes a step forward, towards minjoon, and stands in a protective stance in front of hyeji who had barely managed to gain strength in her legs.

"renjun, you're not..."

"yes, i am."

"you're going to kill yourself! are you mad?" she whisper yells in disbelief.

"leave this place to me and grab your brother!
you'll know once my powers come to effect...remember, from here to the entrance, you have exactly a minute. am i clear enough, hyeji?" he says all that without taking his eyes off the forty year old looking guy.

"but–"

"am i clear enough?"

hyeji flinches at the serious tone in his voice.

"a-alright." she reluctantly agrees.

"good...now remember, don't ever use your powers unnecessarily, okay?"

"fine."

"go."

she purses her lips and sprints into the room.

"ah, protecting the young heiress. how heroic of you."

his voice dripped with sarcasm.

"less talking, old man."

renjun scorns in disgust.

"what will you do against me? your mind control powers are ineffective...what would happen if i—"

renjun was lifted up to the air and his entire body was rammed into the ceiling.

giving him no time to recoil, minjoon lets out a laugh, and the smaller boy was released from the ceiling and fell all the way down to the flat ground, just like a rag doll.

grimacing in pain, renjun manages to push himself off the ground and remained in a kneeling position.

"what's wrong, halfblood? tired already? i forgot to tell you, but i show no mercy to people like you."

to minjoon's surprise, the corner of renjun's lips curved into a bloody grin. quite literally, because his lips were dyed with blood.

"is this...the best you can do...old man?" he croaks.

he scowls.

"don't make me laugh."

minjoon strides right up to the grinning renjun and grabs his collar with both of his hands.

the older one smiles, lifting his fist high up and it came whooshing down at renjun's face. the hit lands perfectly, and he is left sprawled on the ground when minjoon lets go.

"don't be too cocky."

minjoon's feet hover over renjun's wrist.

he starts pressing hardly into his wrist and renjun flinches, his brows deeply furrowed.

minjoon starts twisting his feet around and almost immediately, there was a loud, ear catching sound of breaking bones.

renjun lets out a shrill, painful cry, and the area around them begins to tremble.

it then slowly develops into an earthquake like instance and walls start cracking.

"you're..."

the man clicks his tongue in anger as he looks around him.

he grits his teeth and runs not towards the exit, but deeper into the building. he was cursing at himself and it seemed like there was something important to him that he needed to take.

with ragged breathing and using his uninjured hand, he pushes himself off the ground. at the same time, taeyong and hyeji run out of the room with an unconscious johnny that taeyong was supporting.

renjun willed himself to move as he leaned against and made use of the walls. based on the condition he was in now, there was no way he's getting out within a minute.

there was no time.

he watches as taeyong pulled johnny along with him up the stairs and disappeared as they reached the next level. hyeji has offered to help renjun, but he refused her.

there was about thirty seconds left to climb four flights of stairs and walk a long hallway before everything would collapse.

dust was flying everywhere and renjun wondered if this was the final scene he'd see before he died.

more and more cracks formed in the walls and the cracks kept spreading. he barely reached the foot of the steps. as he reached out to grab the handrails, there was a loud, alarming rumble that came above him.

he looks up and widens his eyes in shock as the ceiling slowly cracked...and a large boulder was released right on top of him.

he knew that he couldn't escape it on time especially when he's in such a poor condition.

he decided to brace himself for the impact...

that never came.

when he carefully opened his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, he saw that the boulder that was about to hit him hovering right above his head.

no way.

he then soon noticed that everything around him was in a standstill.

"hurry, there's still time. you're not going to die. i won't allow that." a voice came from the end of the flight of stairs and it, of course, belonged to hyeji.

"hyeji! you used your—"

"yes. i won't lose my sight, don't worry...this is not as major as rewinding time. now hurry!"

she skipped down the steps and grabbed my arm, pulling it behind her neck and used her other hand to grab the cloth on my clothes, effectively supporting me.

"now do as i say or we'll both d–"

her voice was cut off as both of our in ears started buzzing.

"this is—

the voice sounded like doyoung's. it was unusual that he was also using the in ear that was only mostly utilised in missions.

"i repeat, this is..."

his voice kept crackling and i could only make out a few words.

"everyone, this is..."

it continued producing static noises, but there was one statement that i was sure the both of us heard loud and clear since we both looked up at each other and exchanged glances of realisation.

"code red."

__________________________