twenty seven || interrogation

A/N: jakskdkf IM SO SORRY I forgot to publish it yesterday here's a long chapter to make up for it

hyeji and renjun returned safely to hq without any problems.

once they entered the hallway that lead to the entrance of headquarters, though, it was very obviously and awfully trashed. there was blood on the walls, floor, and even the ceiling.

many members of blackjack were severely injured, but miraculously, none were dead.

renjun was immediately taken to the medical room upon arrival whereas taeyong and johnny were taken to a interrogation room.

the appearance of the two joker recruits have surprised many, especially since it was its leader and sub leader.

as soon as renjun's injuries were attended to, there was a meeting for the entire ace and suit of diamonds members held in a meeting room.

of course, with the absence of mark who had been abducted.

now, both renjun and hyeji were seated nearest to the exit side by side on the round conference table.

the air was dull and tense in the room.

"the two of you, will you please explain your absence and the meaning of all this?!"

doyoung, who's eyes were flaring in anger, spoke directly to both renjun and hyeji.

renjun began speaking. "we wanted to find out about taeil hyung, so we sneaked into joker's quarters in attempt to hack their system—

"you what!?" doyoung yelled in disbelief. taeil was, surprisingly, sitting calmly beside him.

"calm down, we should listen to them." kun placed his hand on doyoung's shoulder, and then renjun continues his story, not missing out on any details without any more interruptions.

once he finished explaining, the room was yet again in silence, until jaehyun speaks.

"and? what does this have to do with mark getting taken?"

this time, hyeji was the one who spoke. "mark is lee minjoon's grandson. that is why joker took him,"

the entire room erupted with gasps and whispers of disbelief.

"and....i believe taeil has a lot of explaining to do." she added, trailing my eyes onto the mysterious man.

he unfolded his arms and leaned towards the table, clasping his hands together.

the entire room's attention was captured solely by him.

"alright...it's time you all find out about my past."

__________________________

all of his fellow comrades had their eyes on him.

"what? so doesn't this mean jeno and donghyuk are part of the house of min as well?" chenle mustered his courage to ask.

he casts his eyes in his direction and heaved a sigh.

"about that—"

"we're not really his cousins," donghyuk cuts me off.

"jeno and i acted like it. it was to create an image for him that we were his family and prevent him from...remembering." he says, yet more questions were raised.

"remember? remember what?" yuta demanded to know and donghyuk's expression was a troubled one.

"that's enough. all questions will be answered by me. i will tell you everything, so just listen,"