twenty || partnership

A/N: ok so i saw previews of renjun being Peter Pan... can i be his wendy

hyeji

"what, what is it? did you decipher it?" renjun breaks my trail of thought and i abruptly look up at him.

"oh, uh, nothing." i quickly shake my head, and his curious eyes met with mine.

which was probably a bad thing.

in that split second of our eyes meeting, it felt like i was momentarily paralysed or knocked out.

but i soon regained my stability and my once blurry eyes focused again.

"you're lying. you solved it." was the first thing he said to me after that.

i open my mouth to rebut his words, but then it all suddenly came to me that what happened earlier was that he had taken over my mind.

that was smart of him. now i can't get myself out of this.

he was no doubt the brains of the team.

"...okay, i did." i admit.

"so you're investigating the house of min..." he trails off.

"please don't tell anyone." i say.

at my last sentence, renjun's lips pulled into a frown.

"you can easily make me forget by simply turning back time. why aren't you doing it?" he questions, and i really wished that he could stop picking things up so fast.

i let out a short laugh. "you should know why, though."

"well, of course," he grins, returning his gaze to me. "alright, i won't tell anyone. but in exchange..."

"will you work with me?"

"what?"

"to be honest, i've been doing a little snooping myself, regarding the house of min. i feel like...taeil is hiding something about that family. the other day, i caught him staring at a photograph of the late couple. you know, the couple who was silenced in their own home." he explains.

"he was?" i widen my eyes in surprise.

"yeah, that's why i started investigating too. so...if you deciphered the code...what's the name of the lost heir?"

i bit my lower lip, feeling unsure.

"tell me what you know first."

"fair enough," he shrugs. "well, what i found out was that taeil used to have connections to the house of min. i don't know how that's possible if he's a half blood like us. pure bloods don't really associate with half bloods, you know..." he trails off slowly, and looks up at me.

"oh, sorry, i mean...if he's a half blood like me." he flashes a knowing smile.

"anyways, so the only conclusion i have is that...taeil isn't a half blood. he's probably a pure blood, just like you. and that means he's been lying to us about his identity. but i believe that he didn't tell us about it, either because he doesn't want to get us into trouble with other pure bloods, or...

he wants to lay low, hide. from something, or someone,"

"that's the extent that i know. now, can you tell me the name?"

i pursed my lips in thought. if i were to tell him right now, it would mean that i agree to work with him.

and it wasn't exactly a bad idea, he has the brains and abilities to help me out.

"...i don't know if i'm right, though."

"that's okay. whatever helps."

"you won't believe it..."

"will i? let's see."

"the name i deciphered...it was minhyung."

he nods calmly, not surprised.

"i sort of expected it."

"how?"

"mark hyung doesn't have his memory, the timing that ace was formed suits the timing the incident happened in the house of min's mansion, and i also,"

"did a little DNA test on jeno and mark. the results show negative. i did the tests myself, so i'm sure that the results are accurate."

"and how long exactly have you been researching?"

he thinks for a short moment. "about a month?"

"i see...now we just need to find the link between taeil, mark, and the house of min."

"hold on, not just that. i'm sure that jeno and donghyuk have their memory intact. so...why are they keeping mum?"

"you're right."

he smiles, nodding. "well then, i take it that we have an agreement to help each other out?"

"i guess so."

"great! one last thing, though. are you investigating this because of your family, or...of some other reason?"

why, huh? because of what mr go said. he said that i'd better leave ace before the truth gets out. and the thing about mark and i...is that why they all are stopping me from getting any closer to him?

there's so many secrets hidden in this organisation.

"it has nothing to do with my family. i just...want to know. i want to find the truth." i tell him honestly, and he buys it.

"okay then. i think i'll find out more about taeil hyung...i have a plan of mine. you can probably find out on the house of min. i doubt mark hyung himself will be of any help now."

i agree, slightly curious about what 'plan' renjun has to find out more on taeil.

we decide that this is going to be the best course of action for now and that we'll discuss the details again the following week.

since there was barely anything left for me to do in the room, i stood up and exited the lab.

i thought i had all of my doubts cleared, but it seems that i was wrong since the thought of mark being a member of the house of min kept invading my mind.

how could he be part of such a cruel family?

_______________________________

A/N: y'all prob curious how this links to the organisations(joker and blackjack) but...y'all soon will find out. :)

OH! and updates every wednesday for this story, or if i feel like it! but you'll definitely see it on Wednesday