thirty two || its over

A/N: this is a pretty chill chapter if you ask me

mark pov

"he should be fine. i only immobilised him." after aiming the pen knife at ten's thighs, i made a successful hit.

and that was what i said when i turned around to face my two teammates.

they had a look of surprise on their faces, but donghyuck's face soon creased into a smile.

"hyung...welcome back."

"where are the others? let's get out of here already." i say.

"jaemin, jeno, chenle and jisung are downstairs with jungwoo and winwin." he answers, and turns his head to look through the glass windows.

his eyes widened. "no, hold on...jisung and jeno are down...and it seems like jaemin and chenle are reaching their limit with jungwoo. winwin has been settled."

i nodded. "then, let's go help them out and escape quickly." i stride towards the exit.

"wait," hyeji's voice stops me. "please let johnny leave with us."

i furrowed my brows in confusion. "why?"

"it's a long story...he may be an enemy but he saved my life. he's gravely injured now and it's only right to save his."

hyeji looks at me with pleading eyes.

i pursed my lips, and glanced out of the door. johnny was slumped to the ground in an awkward position. an arrow had pierced through his lower back.

"alright. let's go." i agreed after much contemplation, and jogged down the stairs to finish off the final joker member.

_______________________

third person

the sun hung low in the crimson sky as they barely got out of the situation they were just in.

their clothes tattered, breathing shallow, and tired expressions were all that was left with them as they entered their vehicle.

it was all, finally, over.

jeno took the wheel and the rest of the members sat at the back of the black coloured van, looking as disheveled as ever. no one spoke as mark, the last person to enter the vehicle, came in.

the car was set in motion, and still, not a single one of them spoke up.

in case you're wondering how jeno could drive with his fractured shin, it was jisung's doing. he had healed both his own and jeno's injuries.

in fact, the youngest of the lot had healed all of their injuries to the best of his abilities until he was drained, except....

he never could heal johnny. it was difficult.

he had an arrow lodged into his kidney(as jisung had explained) and it was nearly impossible for him to heal it. it was an important organ, after all.

they could only wait till they arrived in headquarters for kun to take over and conduct a surgery on him.

therefore, only the sound of heavy breathing could be heard in the entire car. johnny was turning paler by every second.

just then, the members' in ear began to sizzle and crack. a familiar voice speaks.

"...good job, everyone..."

it was their leader's voice. he probably has already heard of johnny's wound.

again...although he is an enemy, there is no doubt that he saved one of his own recruits.

"renjun has already called the authorities. they should be coming to arrest joker at the mansion soon."

he informs us. there was silence on the other end of the line as those in the car exchanged glances of...a sort of disbelief that this has finally ended.

then taeil speaks again.

"...that is all i wanted to say. come back safely, everyone."

and the line went dead.

jeno wheels the car into an underground carpark. obviously, where their headquarters are.

and then he pulled over as he saw kun and his team of medics.

the door clicks open, and they swiftly removed johnny from the car and placed him on a stretcher, wheeling him away.

the team trudges out of the vehicle like zombies.

as they entered the familiar headquarters, they were instructed by another suit's leader to head back to our dorms and rest up, until further notice.

blackjack would not be operating until the case of joker and our headquarters has been cleaned up.

at least, that was what they said.

____________________

mark pov

"taeil." i stopped before him. he was leaning against the wall outside my room.

he looks up at me. "mark...i'm very sorry."

that was the first thing he said to me.

i chuckled, tucking my hands into my dirty jeans pockets.

"what for?"

"for everything, really." taeil says, an apologetic expression plastered across his face.

"you did nothing wrong. you only fulfilled the wishes of my parents."

"...you know about that, too?"

i nodded. "i remember everything. including the moment you wanted to erase my memories."

his orbs dart to the ground, then up at me again with serious eyes.

"mark," he pushes himself off the wall.

"since you already know who you truly are, i will let you choose whether you want to leave the organisation or not. i will respect your decision."

i pondered on it for a moment and smiled.

"i won't leave, hyung. because this place has already been my home ever since i joined ace."

_____________________

A/N: story ending superrrrr soon!!

question: do you guys want to see hyeji's sprinkle of romance in the next chapter? or nah?