eight || your voice

"hyungggg," jaemin whines. "take us to school too!" he clings onto mark's arm.

"no, jaemin." mark shrugs his arm away.

"why not?? we all go to the same school, why does donghyuk get the special treatment?"

"he's right, hyung." jeno adds, nodding.

it has been nearly a week since ace's first solo mission. as you can see, a few of them are begging for a lift to school.

mark sighs loudly. "again, i said no. i'm only taking donghyuk because he's still recovering."

jaemin groans. "then i want to get injured too! jeno, punch me in the face now, now!"

mark facepalms and heaves a sigh again. "don't. fine, you can come along."

as soon as mark says that, jaemin jumps gleefully in joy.

mark immediately walks out of the door and pulls out his brand new car keys.

the doors unlock with a click and they load themselves in mark's sleek looking silver Porsche. perks of belonging to a top secret government organisation. you earn like, a lot.

"awww, i wanna get a car too!" jaemin, sitting behind the driver's seat exclaims as the car begins moving.

"what for? you can't even ride a bike." jeno chuckles beside him.

"i just never tried, okay?" jaemin pouts unhappily.

"can you guys keep it down back there?" an annoyed donghyuk turns around to look at the duo from his passenger's seat.

"okay, yes boss." jaemin presses his lips into a thin line.

after a few minutes of silence, the four of them finally arrive at the foyer of their school. mark pulls up and turns to speak.

"i don't want to keep reminding you guys to not cause any more trouble," mark says. "i don't want to get anymore calls. got that?"

"yeessss hyung." jeno cracks a playful smile and slips out of the car, jaemin following closely behind him.

donghyuk was already out of the car. he slams the door shut.

"you'd better mean that." he murmurs as the younger ones walk further away. he begins to start his engine up, but something stops him.

a familiar face.

"lee...hyeji?" mark raises his brows as he watches her walk past his car. he unbuckles his seatbelt. if anything, this was the perfect chance to ask questions.

he closes the door behind him with a thud and jogs up to her.

"hyeji?" mark calls out.

the girl tilts her head. for a split second, she widens her eyes in surprise.

"i need to speak with you in private, lee hyeji." mark begins. however, he does not look at her. instead, his eyes cast down to her bandaged right wrist.

people were already starting to stare at the two. an attractive and good-looking boy plus the school's so-called outcast? interesting.

"you say you needed to talk..?" hyeji frowns, noticing the stares.

"...yes. do you have time? it's about that day." his eyes finally break away from her bandage.

hyeji cracks a tiny smile. "yes, i do. i have to talk to you too."

_______________________

the two decided to talk in a less-crowded place, which is, under a flight of stairs. you could hear student walking past it, but never into it.

"so, what is it you wanted to ask?" hyeji begins the conversation.

"how did you injure your hand?" mark immediately asks.

hyeji raises her brows with a chuckle. "how is that relevant, mark?"

"it is."

hyeji looks up at mark. "hm...so you caught on? i injured it in a battle."

"of course i can tell. your voice, and even that injury...and how you know my name." mark looks back at her.

"then i shall not act ignorant. what questions do you have?"

"who are you?" mark bluntly asks. "you're not from joker, yet johnny knows you. how do you know of us?"

"i'm just a schoolgirl, lee hyeji. i just happened to have...extra abilities." she pauses to think. "i know of all your members. your leader, your abilities."

"you're still not answering my question. how do you know of us?" mark impatiently questions.

but before she could reply, the school bell rings.

"oops, sorry. i have to head to class now." with a mysterious smile, she turns to walk away.

mark grabs her uninjured wrist and pulls her back into the shadows of the stairway with ease.

startled, she looks up at him.

"i imagine you don't want johnny to see you." as soon as he says that, she notices a figure walking past.

johnny.

"yeah...thanks." she murmurs a reply of thanks.

mark smiles down at her. "i hope the next time we meet, i'll get more answers."

___________________________

a/n: lol okay quiz! do you guys want a love line on this story?