A Hell Of A Ride.

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Alternative Past, New York
━━━━━ ✦ ━━━━━

Jace had spent all his time in the training room ever since Clary's death. He kept relentlessly punching the bag in front of him, only stopping to bandage his hands every once in a while. Bleeding knuckles were slippery.

"Jace..."

"I'm fine." He answered through gritted teeth and punched the bag again.

Alec sighed. "No, you're not. I know you're not. I know you."

"No. You don't." He said and went for a high kick.

Alec swallowed thickly. "I'm gonna blame it on the pain."

"Don't. It's pointless. You don't know how I feel. You think you do. But you don't. I don't even know, I don't, I don't know how I should feel, but I know that I don't feel that way..."

Alec sighed deeply and shut his eyes, focusing on their bond. Anger. Pain. Desolation. That's what Alec expected to find. But he mostly felt emptiness. Jace was... Not feeling at all? It's either that or he had found a way to completely repress his feelings.

"Stop." Jace muttered, punching the bag before him again. "Alec, you need to stop feeling sorry for me. I'm not broken, I don't need to be fixed."

"Okay." Alec answered, the word dying in his throat, barely perceptible. He walked over to Jace and squeezed his shoulder. "I'm here. Even if you don't need me. Even if you don't want to talk. I'm here. I'll always be. You're a part of me Jace, just as much as I am a part of you. And if you ever need a heart, I'll lend you mine. ❝For whither thou goest, I will go, and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried.  The Angel do so to me, and more also, If aught but death part thee and me.❞ Jace, only you can make me whole. Don't push me away. I need you. And you need to allow yourself to feel."

"Why Alec? Why would I do that? It hurts. I let her in. I don't let people in. But I did. And I know, if I, if I allow myself to feel, it will hurt. I'm tired of being hurt Alec."

"I know. Trust me, I do how scary it can be to allow yourself to feel. But still. You have to do it Jace." Alec spoke before squeezing his brother's shoulder. Jace let his head fall against his brother's hand, craving for contact in ways he couldn't express. Alec understood. So Alec didn't move. They stood there, for a little while, in a companionable yet solemn silence.