A Helpless Kind Of Hope

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present, New York
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"Iz..." Jace spoke as he saw his sister enter the Institute. He stood up from his chair at the OPS Center and went to hug her. "A full day without a word." He sighed.

Isabelle hugged back. "For me it lasted three days." She shook her head. "Didn't drink, nor eat anything. The fact that I came without asking an audience prior got the Queen frustrated so I was sent to the wander woods until Meliorn came to free me." Jace nodded. "But she's got informations. She won't give them to me though. She wants to speak to Clary and Lucie."

Jace's jaw clenched. "Not happening."

"Yes, happening." Clary spoke, crossing her arms over her chest as she entered the room.

"Clary it's dangerous." Jace warned, like she was still the reckless little girl that stumbled in a world that wasn't entirely hers yet.

"I know." The redhead answered, glaring at him at him. Her gaze dared him to go on, silently challenging him for a second before walking over to Isabelle and pulling her in a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." She whispered in her friend's hair.

Isabelle hugged back, her gaze turning grateful and fond. "Me too."

Clary laughed softly before pulling away. "We need to get you to your room." She told the brunette, slipping a hand in hers. "Meanwhile," She turned to Jace. "please, go get Lucie. I'll meet you all at the Pond."

Jace's jaw clenched as he gritted out: "I'm gonna repeat myself here. It's dangerous."

"Look around you. Everything is." Clary replied, in no mood to have yet another fight about her safety. She knew her friends respected her enough not to see the frail mundane they needed to protect anymore. But sometimes, they still were overprotective. Especially Jace. "I am determined to get answers, Jace." She gave him a pointed look. "Either you fight alongside with me, or your stand in my way. But this is my battle. And I'm calling the shots. For once in my life, I'm taking the decisions myself."

The blonde sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Consequences be damned?" Clary just glared at him for a few seconds before silently leading Isabelle out. The fellow Shadowhunter shot her brother an apologetic look before disappearing in a corridor, dragged away by a determined redhead. "Apparently so." The blonde muttered for himself and headed to the armory to gear up.