Deception & Delusions.

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present,
Constantly Transiting Temple
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"We're supposed to meet with the Council of the Ancient Travelers in a few hours. Less daydreaming, more focusing." Lucie nodded at Adrian's words, knowing he was right. It probably was foolish of her to spend any time conjecturing about a plausible reunion. "So," Adrian started again. "Miss Aconite, why exactly did you impose yourself on someone else's mission, taking the risk to alter a destiny that wasn't yours to change?" The question uttered, he rose an eyebrow, trying to add seriousness but only managing to make Lucie chuckle.

"Fellow Travelers." Lucie looked to her left, as if she was standing in the said court. "Dear members of the ancient council." She glanced to her right. "Honourable Solivagants, judges, counsellors and supreme leaders of the Travelers." She looked up, right ahead of her and cleared her throat. "I know I had no right to intevene in the mission of Philomeon Ersatz. I will not offend you by trying to excuse my rather rebellious and inconsequential behavior." She paused, drawing in a deep breath. "But I will ask you to hear me out and forgive me for trespassing for I had, what I consider, a good reason. My purpose was indeed to catch your attention so you would convoke this meeting with little to no delay."

"Speak your mind Light, enough beating around the bush." Adrian interrupted, trying his best to impersonate a Solivagant.

Lucie grinned but kept going. "I would like to request to be sent back to the Shadowhunters' Universe."

"Nonsense!" Adrian interjected. "Why would we do that? Don't you remember what happened last time?"

"I perfectly do." Lucie spoke, keeping her calm. "But what you don't understand is that I would be doing it with a sole purpose : Talking to Clarissa Fairchild. Honourable Solivagants, you must be aware that for a few weeks now I have been experiencing an issue. It appears that a past version of myself I have no control over is stuck in a time-loop. Time loop in which I keep dying. I've tried my best to cope with it. But things are getting more and more difficult, it even started to affect my job. Were not for me, Aphrodite's belt would already be back in the hands of Piper McLean and Clarisse LaRue. But I failed them in battle. Because of those particularly painful if I may, overlapping realities filling my head." She sighed deeply. "I don't understand why for now, but it appears I am linked with Clarissa Fairchild. I say so, because every single time my death would get near, I'd see her in the middle of her own battle to survive. One I know, is bound to cost her everything."

Adrian nodded, squinting his eyes a little. "So all you want to do, is talk to her?"

Lucie nodded. "Just talk. It won't take long. And if she knows nothing, I will gladly head back to Beacon Hills or wherever you feel so inclined to send me next. Bodyguard-less if possible."