A Little Gumption.

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present - New York
━━━━ ✦ ━━━━

As soon as they were out of the flat and back in the busy streets of New York, Alec came to a halt. Bringing a hand to his mouth, he tried to muffle his sobs as he cried. Simon grew closer, putting a hand on his shoulder and gently patting it. "How, how are you not crying?" The Shadowhunter asked, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"It's like a dam in there." Simon replied. "It will break. Later. When I have the time. For now, we have to fix things, okay?" Alec nodded. "Good, that starts with finding the real Adrian and undoing whatever spell that psycho placed on him." The vampire fished his phone out of his pocket and called someone. "Maia, hey," Simon's gaze seem to lighten a little when he heard the female's voice. "Are you at Jade Wolf? Cool, so you're need the docks. Could you stop by the marina and let me know if you can find a boat called 'Ate's furor'?" He nodded at her reply. "Great, thanks, I'll be on my way with Alec. See ya." With those words he hanged  up. "Listen, if you want to take a breather, no one will blame you." He told the male who had wiped away his tears. "I get it, you're the big brother, you have to be the strong one, but grief doesn't work that way. We all feel it. And it doesn't make you any weaker to acknowledge it."

Alec nodded. "Thank you." He said, his hoarse voice being a telltale of his pain. "I just didn't expect it to feel like that." He admitted. "But we don't have the time to talk about it right now." He sniffled, blinking a few times. Let's just go to the dock." Alec declared, wiping away all traces of his sorrow before clearing his throat as he regained composure. "One problem at a time." Simon nodded at the words, and the two males disappeared in the crowd, marching silently amongst strangers to make their way to the docks.

Alternative Present - Narnia
━━━━ ✦ ━━━━

Lucie and Clary had finally made it to King Caspian's castle, accompanied by Aslan. The lion had grown particularly silent towards the hand of the trip. In fact, despite being their guide, he had managed to take his leave without either of the girls noticing, his presence still overwhelming and reassuring.

Lucie blinked as the drawbridge was lowered in front of them. Then glanced towards Clary who seemed just as surprised. But there was an awe in the female's gaze, an amazement Lucie hadn't managed to muster but desperately envied. She smiled a little before heaving a soft sigh and looking back ahead. The loud steps of a group were heard before anyone was seen. But soon enough, trumpets loudly resonated in the air, announcing the arrival of someone important. Lucie and Clary glanced at each other, a small reassuring nod coming from both side before they dared taking a couple of steps towards the man that had been called King.