Timelines Jumble & Trouble.

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present,  New York
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"How long still?" Lucie asked Alec who was sitting at his desk, watching her pace non-stop in his office.

"I do not know, Lucie. I am not Magnus. He will take the time he needs. Why don't you go and do something, anything, really, while we wait?"

"Like what?"

"Like training! Why don't you go training with Isabelle?"

"She went to talk to some Seelies, you know it."

"Clary?" The male suggested, a certain uncertainty coloring his words.

"She's with Magnus and I can't go because apparently I would slow them down in their researches." The Traveler growled.

"Right. Well. What about your boyfriend? Adrian?"

"He went out to eat churros and see the Statue of Liberty. I am not a tourist."

Alec sighed deeply. "And Jace is out on a joint mission with Simon."

"We could spar together?" Lucie proposed.

"I've got work to do. And having you here is counterproductive." The head of the Institute gave her a pointed look.

"Fine." Lucie crossed her arms over her chest before plopping on a chair in front of Alec's desk. "No more pacing. Do your thing." After a few seconds, she started to tap her right foot against the floor, making Alec's jaw clench.

"How about you go train on a dummy or take one of the other shadowhunters?"

"So either a plastic dummy or a human one?" Lucie rose an amused eyebrow. "You know what? I'll leave you alone." She made a salute before walking out, heading toward the training area, whistling to herself. Alec heaved a sigh of relief when the door closed behind her. Finally, he could focus on the stupid paperwork.

As soon as she stepped inside she took off her hoodie and tied it around her waist. Her eyes then scanned the area, looking for someone, anyone. Turns out there was no one to be found. She let out a small sigh end went for the weapons rack. Found nothing of her liking. So she went for the wing chun dummy. Power, strength and fluidity, that's what she was aiming for. Not to hit hard, but to hit right. So Lucie relaxed her shoulders, inhaled deeply, exhaled slowly and went at it again and again. With time, she slowed down her pace, solely moving her elbows and wrists. Hit a jock, cycle, turn of the wrist and hit with the back of the hand before punching in the center... Then repeated, gaining more speed.

The TravelerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara