Traitorous Memories Of A Painful Past.

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present,
Constantly Transiting Temple
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Despite feeling unwell, Lucie stood stall, at the center of the court, straightening her back and hardening her feature for the sentence that had to come.

"Light." A Solivagant initiated. "Due to the recent events, we chose to agree to your request, giving your the permission to go back to the Shadowhunters' world. Only to speak to Clarissa Fairchild or anyone who could potentially have informations about the time-loop you seem to be stuck in. If, we were to learn that another reason drew you to that particular universe, not only will you answer to us, but also to the Supreme Court of the United Agencies, especially to the angel Raziel." Lucie nodded, eye twitching for a second with something akin to relief and surprise mixed together. "Very well. Case dismissed." The Solivagant spoke before they all stood up as one. The group left through a specific door. Then the members of the ancient council left. And finally the doors of the courtroom were open for all Travelers to leave.

Lucie stood, unable to move. The prospect of returning to Shadowhunters brought no joy to the Traveler. Just an unexpected and frightening emptiness. Soon, she found herself alone in the room, with Adrian. "You did it." He said, approaching her. Growing closer, the male furrowed his brows. Carefully, he cupped her face with both hands. "You don't seem okay." He pointed out. "At all. You're livid Lucie.  Are you certain you're ready to face Clary and—" He left his sentence unfinished, knowing she grasped the implications. Lucie nodded making him sigh. "Fine." He withdrew his hands to pocket them. "If you say you are, then I believe you. You're a tough cookie, Aconite." That brought the tiniest smile to the female's lips.

"Can we get some? Actual cookies I mean? I saw some in the souvenir shop, with interactive maps like yours to know where other Travelers are. I wanna buy one."

Adrian furrowed his brows. "There's a souvenir shop in the CT Temple?"

Lucie chuckled. "Yup." She answered, popping the 'P'. "How come you didn't know?"

"Because I was never sent to trial before." Adrian replied. "I only ever came as a fellow Traveler, to watch a trial in between two missions." He said and shrugged.

"Well you missed on cookies, t-shirts and stupid mugs with 'To the infinity and beyond, we shall travel.' or 'I travel to save lives, what do you do?' or my favorite, 'I am wanderer with a destination, a traveler with a mission.'" She snorted. " They have pins too, come on, let me show you!" She grabbed his arm without thinking and started to lead him away.