17.

Show Her Around Kelle...Don't Get involved with her. I don't want it affecting your game

Coach's words replayed in my head as I got inside of Mackenzie's house. I was waiting on her to get ready so that we could go on a little tour.

I hadn't exactly taken a liking to her as I did with Tzipora, but something about her made me participate in flirtatious banter with her.

I think I was attracted to her more physically than mentally.

-

"I think imma get going." I sipped the hot chocolate that Mackenzie and I had stopped to get before I came to her apartment to drop her off.

"Sure? So soon?" She seemed like she wasn't ready for me to leave. "Yea...I gotta get some rest."

"I mean...we had some really good conversation...and I just thought you could spend maybe one more hour?"

"It's eleven o'clock baby girl." I felt flattered that she wanted me to be around.

A/N: he wasn't being flirty calling her 'baby girl'. It's sort of a name she accommodated since she's younger.

"Please?" She grabbed my hand. "...Yea.I guess so."

I know she's a cute girl, but we need you focused...You need you focused! No more than friends. Be nice though...guide her, she's young just like you. But don't trick her. Don't take advantage.

Coach's words continued to replay as I zoned out. "Tell me about the old girl."

"Hmm?"

"Z- Tzipora..?"

I let out a slight laugh, tugging at the knee of my joggers. "Yes Tzipora." I let her know she was correct, even though I was pretty sure she was just being shady.

She rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Well..."

She got up, sitting next to me on the couch. "I'm listening." She propped her elbow on the arm of the couch. "What she like?" She asked, acting as if she was intrigued.

"She's...different, in a good way. Sweet. Very Pretty. On the inside and out. Funny. Really smart. And honest. And-"

"Okay that's cute. But I mean...you're telling me all this good...then why did y'all end things?"

"I bet you cheated or something."

"No."

"Then why?"

"Could you just...stop asking those questions?" I got irritated. "You know what, I'm sorry." She realized she had been a little too nosy.

"It's fine. I'm sorry....I mean if you wanna know I'll tell you."

"Okay..."

"She was having some problems. And she just didn't trust me with her heart...so she said it'd be better if we just broke up."

"Awww..." she pouted, showing that she felt bad. "Yep..."

"Things happen for a reason.." she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, patting it. "Yea they do."

"Some for the good...some for the bad." She ran her fingers over my hair. We both sat there silently until she kissed me on the cheek.