A Chance Wasted

Getting out of the cab for the last time, I step onto a road. Yoongi holds his hand out and pulls me towards him. I smile at him seeing that he has calmed down. I step out of the cab completely and close the door, the cab slowly drives away.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I say, admiring all the beautiful flowers. The bright yellow sunflowers spreading across the field. The sun reflecting across the whole field.

"It is," Yoongi says, taking my hand in his, and like always I flinch. The warmth of his hand covering mine. It just sent butterflies to my stomach. "Come on let's go walk around, we only have 2 hours left, and I want to enjoy them" He smiles before gently pulling me with him.

Walking along the road, the flowers standing tall on both side of the road, it was beautiful. Like I had said earlier it was like a scene from a dama. A scene that captured all of the beauty one could have on a special day. The beauty one could have on the first day. But this wasn't the first date, it was Yoongi and me, two best friends, hanging out like any other day. Except it was in a new place, in a place where we had our adventure, and would for the next few days. Hopefully, they would be as special as today was.

I wish every day could be like this. I wish Yoongi didn't have to hide his soft side. I wish people didn't and hadn't made fun of him for being soft. Just because he gives off that bad boy vibe, it doesn't mean he has to be one. But that's how it is, and that's how it will be until we can both graduate and go to college. College, where no one pays attention to you and what you do because they are to busy figuring out their lives. That's where he'll be able to be himself. Thank god we only have a few months before we graduate.

I'm deep in thought when suddenly Yoongi drags me into the flowers and pulling me out of my daydream. He laughs as he runs into the field of sunflowers, dragging me behind him. He turns around, his gummy smile spread wide across his face. I can't help but let a smile melt on my lips too. Now instead of dragging e, I run with Yoongi. We both run deep into the field, away from everyone else. We run deeper and deeper into the field. The smell of flowers filling our lungs.

Suddenly Yoongi stops. I bump into him from behind and stumble backward. Before I fall Yoongi catches me, bringing me back up to him and pulling me into an embrace I tense up as his arms wrap around me. ANd then I hear his voice, and it echoes through my ears.

"Y/N, I can finally say what I want to say," He says, pulling away, his hand still on my shoulders. His eyes burn through mine, the soft chocolate brown of his eyes melting into mine. I can feel my heart throbbing, my cheeks are flushed, and my knees are weak. Yoongi.

Yoongi's P.O.V

This is it, I have her right here in my arms. And I can tell her how I truly feel. I can stop hiding everything. I can call her mine. She can be my first love. But. . .

As I look in her eyes, I start to feel insecure. Am I telling her how I feel really going to work? What if she doesn't feel the same way and I lose her forever? Is it really worth it?

No, it's not. I'd rather have her as a friend for all eternity then lose her. I'd rather just hold her hand as her friend then not hold it at all. And I'd rather have her by my side as a friend than not have her at all.

Slowly I slide my hand down, taking her small hand in mine. I smile at her before I say what I want to say.

"Y/ N.. before Nayeon interrupted us..again, I was going to tell you something." I say, squeezing the hand. She smiles up at me, and that's when I know I can't do it. I can't lose her, no matter what. She the only one I have. And I can't lose her.

"I know it might sound cheesy, but I wanted you to know that I want us to be friends forever, no matter what happens..never leave me, always stay by my side just like I'll stay by your side okay? Can you promise me that?" I ask, my eyes start getting teary and I can hear the shyness in my voice. Immediately Y/N notices and pulls me into her arms. Embracing me with her warm body.

"I promise, you and I will be together forever and always" She softly whispered, her hand rubbing against my back. I cry into her arms like I always did. Like it always will and has been. I know it's not right to keep my feelings locked up, but if it means that I get to keep her by my side forever. I'll do anything. Even if it means not getting a chance. I know its a chance wanted, but I'll waste as many chances in order to keep her with me..because I love her.

A: I'm sorry, but Yoongi just couldn't do it, but don't worry, they'll be plenty more chance for them to confess to each other. The question is will they take them?