'Port Angeles Isn't Safe At Night'

Swan HouseTwins Room

Swan House
Twins Room

Bella sits in front of her computer, lost in thought. Harley sleeps on the bed beside her. Bella shakes herself out of it and types into her search engine 'Quileute legends, Olympic Peninsula.' An AD pops up, 'Thunderbird & Whale Bookstore, Port Angeles.' Bella, intrigued, clicks on it...

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Forks High School

The sun has come out and so has the skin. Kids are in shorts though it's still barely sixty degrees. Everyone eats lunch outdoors. Bella searches the crowd for Edward. Harley lays on the grass in front of her, enjoying the heat.

"He's not here." Harley looks to the side to find Jessica sitting on the grass. "Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear."

"They just... ditch?"

Harley smirks. "I wish I could do that." Bella glares down at her before turning back to Jessica.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close." Bella registers this as Angela suddenly jumps on them.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric! I just asked him, I took control!" She hugs Bella. "Are you sure you two have to go out of town?"

"It's a family thing." Bella answers, Harley stays quiet.

"Oh my God, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the dresses get cleaned out."

"Port Angeles?..." a plan forming in Bella's mind, Harley can see it. "Can we go with you guys?"

"Thank God. We need your opinion." Angela smiles. Harley looks to her.

"Well I'm glad to help and let me tell you, I'm very good at it."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Port Angeles

Jessica and Angela try on dresses for the prom, Harley is also trying on dresses but for fun. Bella is sitting, she pulls a Mapquest print-out from her purse, it reads,'Thunderbird and Whale Bookstore.' Jessica flounces out of the changing room, posing.

"I think this halter makes my boobs look big. What do you think, Bella?" Outside the window, a group of rowdy frat boys head toward a bar. Two of them stare at Jessica in her low-cut dress. Embarrassed, she turns back to Bella. Harley gives them the finger before going into a changing room.

"Bella?"

Bella talks absently. "It looks great."

"You said that about the last five dresses."

Harley pokes her head out of the changing room. "She's not good with all this kind of stuff."

Angela gives her a sympathetic look.

Bella stands. "Maybe I should just go check out the bookstore and meet you at the restaurant later."

"You sure?" Bella nods, Harley walks out of the changing room again in her clothes.

"I'll go with you." Bella nods and they both head out.

Jessica's looks in the mirror again. "She was right about this halter, though. It does look great."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Thunderbird And Whale Bookstore

Bella and Harley exit, Bella thumbs through a Book she just bought. Harley wasn't able to see what the book was, but she got something else instead. A Bracelet with a four leaf clover on it. The girls head down the sidewalk, but then hears Footsteps behind them. Harley grabs Bella's hand and she turns, doesn't see anyone. Bella puts the book in her shoulder bag and they continue.

Harley looks behind her, feeling like she was being watched. She looks around, changing course to cut across a parking lot.

Harley and Bella turn around to see two men emerge from the shadows, they are the frat boys from earlier.

Harley leans in closer to Bella and whispers. "How come, the times I don't bring my bat, something happens."

"Wanna beer?" One of the frat boys call out. Harley goes to walk to the left but stops short when she sees two more walk over. Bella takes off her bag and holds it out.

"Look, just take my bag."

"We don't want your bag." Bella takes a defensive stance and wraps the strap around her wrist to use her purse as a mace. They chortle derisively. But when one of the frat boys comes near, she swings it, hits him in the groin. The book in her bag doubles him over. The other three laugh, and start to close in.

Another frat boy goes to grab Harley's arm, but she swings her knee into his groin and punches his face, breaking his nose.

"You little bitch!" The frat boys go in for the attack but suddenly -

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Hey guys, I hope you have enjoyed this chapter, if so than please leave a like or comment. And if you want more than follow me for more future stories.

Also check out my other book: The Crazy Life- Vampire Diaries

Disclaimer- I do not own Twilight or Harley Quinn, I do however own her story lines, so please don't steal or copy. Thank you.