Gia's Confessions

Chapter 8:

Gia’s Confession:

I woke up in my bed, Jake standing over me. He must have saw my eyes open because  relief flooded his face. 

“What happened? How long was I out?” I asked.

“Ten minutes. I told you I was Bipolar and then you yelled my name and passed out.” Jake said.

“Ok. There’s something that I need to tell you. And there’s no guarantee that I won’t break out in tears or pass out again.” I said. Blake looked nervous but nodded.

“If I pass out, put me on the floor and splash cold water on my face.” I said. He nodded.

“Look, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” Jake said. I looked into his eyes and new what i had to do.

“I was part of a quadruplets. It was me, my sister Lola, and my brothers, Josh and J-J-Jake.” I choked out. “We were close. Really close. When we turned 10 my sister and brothers were in a car crash.” I felt the tears start to flow. “Lola and Josh were killed upon impact and Jake and my ex-mom Kayla, spent three weeks in the hospital. After they were released, Kayla went crazy. Six months later her and my dad got divorced. Me and Jake were joined at the hip. We were so close its indescribable. When we were six, Jake had been deemed Bipolar. After my brother and sister died, it grew worse. By the time we were thirteen I was the only one that could stand to be with him due to all his mood swings. Three months after our thirteenth birthday I went out to a party. Half way there my dad got a phone call. Jake was on top of our apartment building, yelling that he was going to jump. My dad turned the car around and we speed home. We got there I ran to the roof. I told him that he wasn’t thinking clearly. He ran over and gave me a hug and told me that he loved me and then he turned and jumped off the building. I heard him scream the whole way down and the sound I heard when he hit the ground is one that still haunts me today. After he died I was basically the living dead. I didn’t say one word for nearly a year. That’s why I ran when heard your name. That’s why I cried when you were having mood swings. Everything reminds me of him.” I finished, the sobs coming heavy now. Jake stood up and walked over to me he wrapped his arms around me. We sat there and I sobbed into his chest. 

“That first day, you walked out on to the deck with Blake, I thought that you were his new girl friend. When I said ‘Yeah right! Look at her!’ I didn’t mean it in a bad way I mean that you look way out of his league. Promise.” Jake told me. We laid down and we were facing each other. We just stared at each other and I felt myself falling asleep. 

I woke up and found myself clutching Jake’s shirt, his arms were wound tightly around me, holding me close to him. I lifted my head to look at the clock on the wall over his shoulder. Its was 1:37am. I groaned and tried and failed to free on of my arms. I tried to shake myself free and all that happened when Jake wrapping his arms even tighter. I could barely breath. 

“Jake.” I whispered.

“5 more minutes.” He groaned.

“Jake. I can’t breath!” I whisper yelled. He jerked up. 

“What time is it?” He asked groggy.

“Like 1:40 in the morning.” I said.

“Then why did you wake me up!?” He asked.

“Because what if someone comes in?” I asked.

“So what?!” He said. “We tell them the truth. We fell asleep.” He said. He laid back down. I rolled my eyes and laid back down. Jake smiled and put his arms around me. I cuddled up into him and fell asleep.

“Gia, Gia wake up or your going to be late for school.” Jake said shaking me awake.

“What time is it?” I asked. 

“7:15” He said.

“WHAT?! WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE MU UP LIKE TWO HOURS AGO?!” I asked. I knew for a fact that he wakes up at 5am to go for a run.

“You looked so peaceful and cute that I didn’t have the heart to wake you.” Jake said. He threw a pair of PINK sweatpants at me along with an off the shoulder PINK shirt. I pushed him out of the room and took a quick shower. I jumped out and ran a brush through my wet hair. I threw on my clothes and ran downstairs. I grabbed my backpack and ran into the kitchen. I saw a hot chocolate with a sticky note that had my name on it.  I grabbed my keys and ran into the garage and saw that Jake was waiting for me. He was leaning up against a running truck. He smiled at me. 

“Hey! You ready?” He asked.

“Yea!” I said. I started walking towards my car and Jake stopped me.

“Where are you going?” He asked.
“My car?” I said.

“You have a car?” Jake asked.

“Yes. I have a car. Your mom got it for me.” I said. I walked to my car and got in. I saw that Carter was waiting for me, but he was in the backseat. He looked at me and smiled before going back to typing on his phone. I got confused. I was just about to pull out when the passenger door opened. Blake climbed into the back seat and Jake slid into the passenger seat. 

“You got a corvette?!” Jake asked.

“Yes. Now what are you doing in my car? Did I say that you could get into my car?” I asked as I pulled out of the garage.

“I just want to ride to school with you.” Jake said.

We pulled into the school parking lot and we all piled out of my car. I pulled the hood up and locked the car. We walked into school and Jake was all flirting with me. I was teasing him after like ten girls hit on him in a row. 

“Look who’s Mr Popular.” I teased. 

“Shut up!” He said ducking his head. Without warning, he pulled me into an empty classroom. 

“What?” I asked. 

“I don’t like any of those girls.” He said faintly.

“What?” I asked. Those girls were the type of girls he should be with!

“There’s only one girl that I like.” He said. 

“Who?” I asked. Jake turned to me and without any warning, He kissed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! What do you think? Cliffhanger! Did you see any of Gia's or Jake confessions! Did anyone  see the kiss coming?

     Lots of Love,

                           Me!