Surprise

Chapter 24:

Surprise:

I screamed and flung my arms around his neck.

"Ace!" I yelled. He wrapped his arms around the small of my back and pulled me close.

"Gia!" He yelled in the same tone that I had used. I pulled back and looked him over.

"What are you doing here?!" I demanded.

"I'm here to hang out with Jake. Why are you here?" He asked. I tensed up when he said Jake's name.

"I live here. I have to go." I said before turning and walking out of the room, my blood boiling. I loved Ace in a brotherly way and all but if he was here to hang out with Jake then I didn't want to talk to him. Ryan ran over to me.

"What's wring and who was that?" He asked.

"His name is Ace. He used to live in the apartment next to mine and we even dated for a few day before we realized that we were more like brother and sister then anything. He's literally taken the role of an older brother for me but they moved out a few weeks before I did." I said

"Gia!" Ace called.

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What is wrong with you? You were never like this before you moved out here." Ace said.

"Why don't you ask Jake." I said before storming out of the room. I heard Ace and Ryan calling my names but at this point I really could care less. I grabbed my phone and put my headphones in full blast and pulled on my tennis shoes. I need to clear my head the old fashioned way. Running. I took off out of the back door and started down the trails worn out by the horses and breathed deep.

A few hours later it had long since gotten dark and I was nearly home. I had cleared my head and was ready to pass out and sleep forever. I walked into the kitchen and somehow managed to sneak up to my room without being seen. I stripped down and hopped into a cold shower. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around me and walked over to the closet and pulled on my under garments and pulled on a pair of basketball shorts and a Mavs shirt and pulled my wet hair up into a messy bun and walked out of my room and into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and walked into the family theater room and put on Mulan and sat down and wrapped a blanket around myself and watched the movie. About thirty minutes later, Rose walked in in a similar outfit.

"Hey." I said.

"We need a girls day. Tomorrow." Rose said as she flopped down on one of the couches.

"And why is that?" I asked. She turned to glare at me.

"We are surrounded by testosterone! I need girl time! Em has already said that it's ok so we're going. No ifs ands or buts about it." Rose said. I nodded and turned back to the movie. It was just getting to the part where Shang was singing Make a man out of you. My favorite part! I hummed along to the song and Rose just laughed at me. I suddenly thought of something.

"Aren't we supposed to go christmas shopping tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well we can have a girls day while we shop!" Rose said smiling. I laughed and rolled my eyes. The movie was just getting to where Shang finds out that his dad had died and Ping (Mulan) finds the doll.

"What in the world are we watching?!" Rose demanded.

"Only one of the best movies ever!" I exclaimed.

"Oh I apologize for not watch kiddie movies." Rose teased me. I threw a pillow at her and knocked her off of the couch.

"Shut up. This is a classic movie." I grumbled. Rose laughed.

"We are watching Footloose 2011 next!" She stated. I rolled my eyes as I went back to the movie.

A few hours later we stood up and stretched.

"Well that was a good movie." Rose mumbled sleepily as we climbed the stairs. I laughed silently before an overwhelming sadness came over me as I remembered the movie nights that me and my dad used to have. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just missing home." I said sniffling.

"Well, this is your home now." She said wrapping me up in a hug. I smiled and buried my head in the crook of her neck.

"Thank you." I whispered softly.

"Anything for you baby girl. Anything." Rose whispered back just as softly.

"There you girls are!" Ryan yelled as he walked into the theater room where me and Rose were watching Baby Mama. Three words. Best. Movie. Ever.

"We've been in here for ten or so hours babe." I said softly kissing him.

"Well, I have been going crazy out of my mind trying to find you." He muttered back.

"Oh I feel the love." Rose muttered sarcastically.

"Love you!" I called across the room.

"I think there is someone who wants to talk to you." Ryan said glancing up over my shoulder.

"If it's Jake, tell him that I never ever want to see him again." I said. Ryan laughed and called them over.

"Hey Boo." Ace's voice flooded over me.

"Hey loser." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"I feel the love." He said chuckling.

"Good." I said.

"Ace! You in here?" Jake called walking into the room.

"Well, that's your signal. Time to leave." I said softly pushing him in Jake's direction.

"Bye Boo." Ace said.

"Bye Ace." I said. Why did I have a feeling that that goodbye was more heavily laid then a casual see you later?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know, I said that I would upload at 4,000 reads and I look and I'm almost at 5,000! I love you all and I promise that I haven't forgotten about y'all! Also! My friend @destroymyheart has a pretty dang good story up so go and read it! (PS: Duck Dynasty is amazing! Just Saying.)

Lots of Love,

Me!