~Chapter 7~

Your Pov:

I got back to Phoenix Drop and I ran into Garroth, Laurence, Vylad, Dante, Zane, Travis and Lord Aphmau, when they saw me they ran over to me, they seemed panicked "Y/n there you are!" Aphmau said hugging me, "Hey Aph" I chuckled "Where the hell were you!? You scared the crap out of all of us!" Zane exclaimed "Sorry I got lost in the woods" I lied. I didn't want to tell them I was with Gene.

"Fine we believe you, please tell us next time your gonna leave patrol" Garroth sighed as Aphmau and I let go of the hug "I will I promise, although I might be heading out after patrol for the next few days, just to explore the woods a bit more," I said "Why?" Vylad asked, "Just to keep me busy after patrol." I replied.

"Fine, fine go ahead do what you want just don't go disappearing on us," Zane said "I won't I promise. I'm getting tired" I said and I headed off to mine and my brother's place and went right up to my room and laid on my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Gene... 'Dammit why is he still on my mind? I should hate him...' I thought.

Garroth's Pov:

When Vylad, Zane and I got back to the house we assumed she was asleep, Zane and Vylad went to their rooms but I went upstairs to go check on Y/n and she was just laying on her bed "You okay?" I asked leaning on the door frame "Yeah I'm fine, just couldn't sleep" she replied not taking her eyes off the ceiling "Make sure to okay? Wouldn't want you passing out on patrol" I said "Don't worry Garroth I'll be asleep soon" she chuckled and I left with closing the door behind me.

~Timeskip~

Your Pov:

After patrol I told Garroth I was going exploring and I left for the cave, I found Gene sitting inside reading a book, I went and I sat next to him "What are you reading?" I asked "A book I stole from a library in O'kasis a while ago" he replied, "What's it about?" I asked "You asked too many questions girly, anyway it's a Romeo and Juliet story, the Romeo character is in my position, and the Juliet character is in yours pretty much" he replied, "Oh I see, wanna go on a walk?" I asked

"Sure sounds nice" he replied standing up and helping me up, we left for the beach which was pretty close by, the sun was going down and it was beautiful "You know now that I've gotten to know you I realize your pretty nice" I chuckled.

Gene's Pov:

I felt my heart skip a beat "Really?" I asked keeping my cool "Yeah you are! At least nicer than when we first met" she laughed "Yeah.. well you might want to get going soon" I sighed "Why don't you come back with me?" I asked "Your brothers and friends would kill me if I did! Literally!" I replied "Well if this is going to continue then we better stay away from--" she said but stopped "Hey what's wrong?" I asked acting worried.

"N-Nothing.. sorry..." she said, "No it's something, what's wrong?" I asked then I suddenly realized what was wrong, I was getting a shadow knight calling. Y/n hasn't been a shadow knight for long so she hasn't gotten used to it, for the first 2 years the shadow knight calling involves a lot of pain. "Y/n you need to get back to Phoenix Drop" I stated. 

"I-I don't know if I can get back in time, I feel like I'm going to pass out.. it hurts..." she said and she started crying in pain 'I can't believe I'm doing this...' I thought and I handed her a gem "Here this will help the pain, keep it with you at all times and don't go anywhere without it" I stated "A-Alright. Thank you Gene" she said "No problem, now go, get home" I sighed and she left. 

"Did you give it to her?" Sasha asked, "I get why we need to kill her but why to give her the gem?" I asked "It helps with her pain but it sucks her power and strength up. Making it easier to kill her" Sasha stated, "Why are you acting as if you like her?" Zenix asked "No reason, I guess I've been around her a little too long" I replied "Well snap out of it Gene! We have 1 week to kill her or else Shad is going to torcher us!" Sasha exclaimed "The gem will suck her energy out in 3 days. We'll strike then" I replied

'Why do I feel like this... I regret giver her the gem and I don't want to kill her...' I thought as we started heading back to the cave.