~Chapter 13~

No one's Pov:

"They're running away huh? Perfect." Sasha laughed turning to Zenix who was behind her. "What are we going to do?" Zenix asked "Separate them. We'll head to O'kasis and tell Lord Garte where his sons are. Follow her and Gene until we can separate them. Send Gene to the nether and Y/n to O'kasis" She chuckled smirking. "I like that idea. I'll get a few knights to head to O'kasis" Zenix stated before running off.

Sasha followed Y/n and Gene to the Ro'meaves house. "They better be out soon" She growled under her breath as she sat against the wall on the side of the house and waited for the two.

~Timeskip~

Your Pov:

It was the next night and Gene and I were on our way out of the house. Vylad and Zane were sleeping while Garroth and Laurence were out on a late 'patrol' but I'm sure Garroth was just taking him out on a picnic date in the forest since he's had a crush on Laurence for Irene knows how long. We got out of Phoenix Drop easily without anyone seeing us and we ran through the forest to get to the next village ahead, Scaleswind.

Sasha's Pov:

I watched as Y/n and Gene ran out of Phoenix Drop and I followed them, they were heading to Scaleswind. "Easy" I chuckled and I went back to mine and Zenix's hideout which was not far from Phoenix Drop. "Their on their way to Scaleswind, get the soldiers and meet me there" I stated "Are they really going out that far? That's going to take days" He added.

"That's why we need to be ready and get there before them. Now. Get. Going" I growled and he went off, I pulled out an orb so I could contact Shad. "Sir, their on their way to Scaleswind, Zenix and I are getting the soldiers ready for them" I stated "Excellent job Sasha, now hurry up and catch up with them and give me the details" he stated and I put the orb away and ran to catch up to him.

Your Pov:

It was getting late and Gene and I had just gotten to a clearing. "We should stop here for the night" I suggested. "Good idea, I'll set up the tent you go get some wood" He stated "How much wood?" I asked "A few branches would be good." He replied and I nodded as I jumped up into the trees and kicked a few branches down. 

"I forgot how much you liked climbing trees" Gene laughed and I scowled as I threw up a smaller branch and kicked it at him so it hit him in the face as I got down. "Ow that hurt.." He said now on the ground with a bloody nose, I laughed. "That was the point" I chuckled as i broke the wood and grabbed some rocks before lighting the fire with my magic.

Gene and I sat down and I sat on his lap and rested my head on his chest, I couldn't stop thinking about home. "Thinking about Phoenix Drop?" Gene asked and I nodded not looking up at him. "I know this is going to worry everyone but this is the only way we can be together..." I sighed. "I know, and you didn't have to come you could've stayed---" He started but I cut him off by kissing him.

"I'd much rather be with you, plus we can start a new life now. Get away from all of the drama and war" I replied and I got up "What are you doing?" Gene asked getting up to, I grabbed my sword then the ends of my h/c hair "Cutting my hair" I explained cutting the ends off to be a lot shorter than I originally had it. (Pic above and if your hair was that short beforehand then its slightly shorter than that)

"Why!? I liked your long hair! Plus now you can barely tell its you!" He exclaimed "Exactly, I don't want anyone recognizing me when we get to the villages and contact my father" I replied. "That is true... guess I should change a bit too" he sighed. "No, I don't think you should since we can easily run out of the village. I just don't want all of Ru'an after us and not being safe in any village" I replied. "Good point" He sighed before I kissed his head. "I'm going to bed, come in soon okay?" He asked and I nodded as I sat down.

Gene went into the tent and I stayed up to let the fire die down, I could easily absorb it but I was too tired to, then I saw a female figure in the forest, I stood up as I grabbed my sword and set it on fire and shifted into my shadow knight form as I walked towards it before it ran. I decided not to follow it. The fire died but I stayed out of the tent in my shadow knight form to keep watch.