Chapter 11

*Elphabas pov*

When we arrived home it was already late. We have had a great night. Glinda and the twins are curled up on the couch, fast asleep. I chuckle softly and I go into me and Fiyero's room and get into some pajamas. I go into the living room and look at the twins. They look so peaceful so I just leave them with Glinda and Yero and I go to bed.

*9 months later (because who has time to wait for the baby)* *still Elphaba*

It's been 9 months. The baby is due in a week, says the midwife anyway. Fiyero had gotten a job so he was at work and I just stayed at home, as I was in no condition to work. It is the twins birthday soon and we have got them a couple little presents. Anyway, right now I am just lying on the couch, while Glinda cooks the twins some lunch. Fiyero should be home any minute now.

"Arghh!" I yell, a pain shooting through my body. Glinda quickly runs over to me "Elphie?!" She frowns. My water suddenly breaks and I gasp "Glin! It's coming!" I scrunch my face up as another pain shoots through me. "Now?!" She gasps. I nod and grab onto her arm "Aghh!" I yell again. The twins run through "mummy?" Liir looks at me. I gasp "I'm okay Liir" I say quickly. Glinda shoos them to the other room. She gets me propped up and makes sure I'm okay to give birth. She smiles "Slow breaths okay?" She demonstrates "Like that!" She sighs "Oh Elphie why now?! I can't do this!" I laugh "It's... Not... My fault!!" I gasp as another contraction happens.

Fiyero walks in "Fae!!" He runs over to me and grabs my hand. "It's okay, you got this!" He grins. I laugh at his goofy grin and gasp "It's... Coming!" I squeeze his hand tight. He kisses my forehead "Slow breaths.. In... And out... In... And out... Come on you got this!" He watches me anxiously. Glinda gasps "I see it! It's coming!" She smiles. I try smile but end up grimacing. "I... I..." I mutter.

A couple minutes later Fiyero puts my baby daughter into my arms. She is crying. She has jet black hair, and little blue eyes. Fiyero smiles. Her skin is a bit green but thankfully not as green as mine. I look at her and smile. Glinda goes to get the midwife and Fiyero makes sure the baby is alright and clean. The twins run through "Mummy?" Aurora frowns. Fiyero smiles "Kiddos? Come here!" He looks at the twins. The twins run over and gasp "A baby!" Liir shouts. I laugh "That's your new baby sister." I say. Fiyero smiles "Emerald. How about Emerald?" I smile "It's perfect! Let's call her Emerald."

The midwife and Glinda come back. The midwife smiles "Gosh! She is beautiful isnt she? Just like her mother!" She smiles at me. She takes Emerald from me and starts checking over her.

"She is perfectly healthy" she smiles.