12

You all sat around the table booth. You were sat on the right side of Tom and Zendaya was on his left, she wanted you guys to sit as close together as physically possible. It was great. All tension and fear you had before was all gone. Tom was happy. You were happy. Underneath the table, you actually held his hand again but had to pull away when you ate which made him laugh. Everything was perfect, that was until the paparazzi arrived.

"Tom! Tom! Look here! Are you and Zendaya dating?" "Tom! Do you think Zendaya is attractive?" "Would you ever date Zendaya?" "Are you dating Zendaya?" "Is she your girlfriend?" The crowd of cameramen yelled which only made what they were saying worse.

They didn't even acknowledge you were there. You weren't holding his hand anyway because you were eating so they couldn't have known. But you weren't surprised. What you were surprised about was Tom not dating Zendaya. That's what the world wanted right?

"Guys come on!" Zendaya yelled as she stood up. "Actually, Y/N...what? Y/N?" Tom started to speak to the people outside but was confused to where you had suddenly disappeared to when he looked down at you. Harry said, "She ran back out to the car. She needs a minute." He said sympathetically.

After everyone had sent away the paparazzi, Tom announced he was going to look for you. You were sat on the hood of his car, with your feet hanging off as you didn't want to make it dirty but you didn't have any keys.

"Y/N!" Tom repeatedly yelled which you heard quietly in the distance but you didn't react. You didn't want him to be worried, it wasn't his fault. I know we're best friends, and I've always loved him but he could do so much better. Why settle?

"Y/N! Thank God!" He said when he saw you and ran up to you. "What's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" He said panting. He was clearly concerned and you loved how much he cared about you but you were still upset.

"I'm...im fine." You mumbled out, not looking up at him. "No, Y/N, I've known you long enough to know that you're not fine. You do that adorable thumb fumbling thing you do. So what's up? Why won't you hold my hand or even act like we're dating?" He said genuinely saddened.

"Why? Why are you dating me? You could date anyone! You could see Zendaya! The whole world wants you to! Why settle for someone who's irrelevant and..." You began to rant as tears started forming in your eyes.

"Hey! You're not irrelevant! You're everything to me! And you have been since I was a kid! Zendaya is one of my best friends, she's family-that'll be weird!" He stepped closer and took both his hands in yours.

"I love you. Love. You. Don't forget that."

"Tom...I...I love you too. But I think I need a minute away from the paparazzi. I...I just think they'll hate me and right now, I just need some time to adjust."

"That's okay, darling. I understand. We can just stay at home and..."

"That's sounds perfect."

You leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"I'll grab the others and we'll go home."
"No! No! Stay, finish up. I'll meet you all at home, it's only a short walk. I need some air anyway. Thanks babe."

"Okay...but stay safe okay? I love you so much."

"I love you too."

AN//What's gonna happen⁉️
          Hope you're enjoying it♥️