14

You and Tom both got home after driving in silence. He constantly looked over to you in the passengers seat to check if you were okay, but you were staring out of the window with the blankest expression possible.

"I'll meet you in my room, love. I'll just make you a cup of tea and we can talk hm?" He said with a small smile which dropped as soon as he saw your sad face gently nod.

After sitting on the bed and after Tom had joined you, you placed your tea on the side of the dresser and said words you never thought or wanted to say.

"I...I think we should break up."

"Wait. What?! No Y/N! No! I...I...what happened?!"

"Not for long, I promise. I'm in love with you Tommy. It's just...I don't...I don't feel safe when he's here."

"I will protect you! He won't lay another finger on you as long as I..."

"-Tom. It's not about me anymore. It's putting you, your bothers, your family and even Tessa in danger! I don't think you understand when I say that he's not safe. He's not...stable."

"Darling, I promise. Everything will be fine. I'm here for you. I don't want to loose you. I already wasted 13 years without telling you how much you mean to me, I won't loose you again."

"Tom. You...you're so sweet. I love you."

"I love you more. So we're not broken up right?" He let's put a nervous chuckle.

"Haha no, but as much as I want to stay here, I should stay in a hotel until he leaves town." You started with a smile, ending with a disappointing smile.

"I'll choose the hotel, you have to call me everyday and I get to see you every night, nothing but the best for my princess."

You threw your arms around his neck as he began to rub your back.

"Thank you. I promise, I'll be safe."

That wasn't the only lie she'd be telling Tom.