thirteen

The salty tears fell down my cheek and to my lips. A thumb ran across my cheek, wiping the tears away. I shut my eyes right and opened them once more. My vision had cleared and in front of me stood Zion. "Lily, talk to me." he whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder as he spoke.

"I don't know what to say." I whispered, trying to swallow the lump in my throat as it grew larger and larger . I watched as Zion walked away from me before shortly coming back with some napkins in his hand. His hand outreached to mind and I took the napkins from his hand.

I wiped underneath my eyes, trying to rid the black mascara smudged everywhere. Zion sat beside me, watching me closely. "Are you okay?" he asked, taking the napkin from me and leaving it balled up in his hand as I began to speak.

"No, all of this is my fault." I whimpered as he pulled me into a hug, rocking us slightly. He didn't feed me lies like, 'It's gonna be okay'. I knew it wasn't going to be okay. Nothing will ever be okay after what had just happened. I should have never came to California with Nick. If I were still at home, in my room listening to Nathan Sykes and binge watching Vampire Diaries, none of this would have happened. Maybe everyone was right. I ruin everything.

We were in this position for probably 10 minutes before someone came over to us. 'Liliana, are you okay?" I heard my brother ask. I shook my head without moving my eyes from the dark wooded floor.

After a long silence, he finally spoke up, "Do you really like him? Brandon?" he asked. I looked up at him and noticed he was staring at the floor as I had been doing before.

"Yeah. I really do." I said, finally coming to the conclusion. I'm tired of denying it. It only brings me more stress and apparently more drama.

"Really?" I shot up and turned to face him. Stood in front of me was himself, Brandon Arreaga. If you looked at him right now, it would look as if he wasn't just in a fist fight. He looked perfect. He wore a yellow Tommy Hilfiger shirt and dark jeans. The red stain, that was obvious blood, on his shirt made me grimace.

I moved so that I was standing in front of him. A few feet in front of him, "Yeah I really do." I said, my cheeks heating up the longer he stared at me. He did the thing where he licked his lips and then took bottom lip in between his perfect teeth. "What?" I questioned, my eyes flickering between his.

Everything moved so quickly. He walked towards me, his large hands cupping my cheeks. His soft pink lips landed on mine and it was as if time had completely stopped. Our heartbeats were in sync as we stood in the middle of the now almost-empty building. It felt as if we were the only people in the universe. A war could've began and we wouldn't even have noticed. My hands reached up to wrap around his wrists.

Someone cleared their throat in a mockingly way, making me pull away from the kiss abruptly, "I don't want all that going on here." Zion said, making us both erupt in a fit of laughter.

"Go ahead," I heard my brother say. "I give you my blessing, But I swear to God Brandon if you hurt her. I'll kill you my damn self." He walked past us, patting Brandon on his back.

Brandon turned to me with his eyes wide. "You pussy." I laughed, walking past him and towards the door. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back to him.

In that moment, it seemed that nothing bad had happened. Everything was happy and we were happy, for now.