twenty two

It was 5 o'clock in the morning. The sun had not even rose yet. A rule that I had given myself was that if the suns not up, I'm not up. Unfortunately for me, the flight to LA was at 7. I still can't believe i'm doing this. My mother couldn't believe it either. I just hope everything goes right when I finally tell him about the pregnancy. What if he hates me? I never really hated him. I could never really hate him. I just tried to put it in my brain that I hated him so I could possibly forget about him, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, he always popped up out of nowhere. I wonder if he had told my brother about what happened. I hope my brother didn't tell him about me being pregnant.

"Liliana, are you ready to go?" my mother's voice brought me out of my dangerous thoughts as she entered the kitchen. I sat on the other side of the island shoveling spoonfuls of cereal into my mouth. Raisin Bran to be exact. It's strange because I normally hate raisins but now that's all I want out of the cereal.

"Are you eating Raisin Bran? you hate raisins." my mother said just as the thoughts ran through my brain.

"That's what I was thinking, but now I can't get enough of them." I said, spooning milk into my mouth.

"She must like them." My mother said, pointing down to my stomach.

"How do you know it's a girl?" I questioned, raising a playful brow at her with a smirk on my lips.

"Because you're craving sweets. When it's a boy you'll like sour and salty stuff." She said, "With Nick I wanted nothing but pickles and french fries, but with you I wanted ice cream and cheesecake." she said, making me chuckle along with her. It made me smile knowing that she was finally accepting the fact that I was going through the same thing she had once went through with me and Nick. "You're only going to be there for the weekend, right?" she asked, making me sigh.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to the sink with my bowl in my hands, "If everything goes right." I said, pouring the leftover milk down the drain. I sat the bowl in the sink and turned to her, leaning against the counter, "Let's just hope it does." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh i'm sure it will. I'm sure he'll have a very good explanation as to why he did what he did." She said, walking over to me and placing her warm hands on my shoulder. She stared at me for a second before rubbing my shoulder and wrapping her arms around me, "I'm very proud of you and what you've become." She whispered, making a smile appear on my face. "I love you."

"I love you too, mom." I whispered back, wrapping my arms around her just as tight as she had me.