forty

It's been four years. Four whole years since everyone's lives have changed. Four whole years since i've managed to make Brandon fall in love with me all over again. He never managed to gain any of his memory back of his childhood. It broke my heart to think of what goes on inside his head when he couldn't remember anything. No childhood memories, No memories of his friends and his family. Just a blank space of darkness.

Elena and Lorenzo started kindergarten this year and without them in the house for eight hours was nerve wracking.

I thought it would be peaceful and somber, but my mind was constantly worrying about what they were doing and if they were okay

I thought it would be peaceful and somber, but my mind was constantly worrying about what they were doing and if they were okay. I guess it's just a mother's instinct to worry about her children.

As for Brandon, he would occasionally go to the old PRETTYMUCH house and hang with him and the boys. However, they weren't as close as they used to be. Nothing would ever be the same. As i've mentioned before, Brandon in fact did fall in love with me again. It took a while, but it happened. In all honesty, i'm just glad that everything happened while Elena and Lorenzo were still small. I don't know what I would've done if everything happened while they were the age they are now. It would have broken me to tell either of my babies that something bad had happened to their father.

"Lily?"

I tore my eyes from the ridiculous Kardashian's show playing on the TV in front of me and focused them on Brandon, who was striding over to me. He leaned his head down and pecked my lips softly, his touch sending me over the edge still to this day. I watched him as he sat down on the couch next to me, sliding his shoes from his feet and pulling one of his legs under the other.

"Is this what you do all day?" he joked laying his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, after i've managed to clean the entire house due to the fact that we're parents of 2 Tasmanian devils." I giggle as I reach up and run my fingers through his hair. He lightly agreed and chuckled lowly, allowing himself to get caught up in the show on the TV.

We sat there for about 10 minutes before Brandon lifted his head from my shoulder and lifted his wrist up, looking down at his watch. It was only about 1:30 and Elena and Lorenzo didn't get out of school until 3:00. "Hey you remember when I got into that fight over you at Dave and Busters in Atlanta?" Brandon asked nonchalantly as he turned the channel, a commercial for Dave and Busters coming on.

"Yeah that was horri-"

I paused short of my sentence and slowly looked over to him. What did he just say? Nick must have told him about that.

"Is that what you and Nick talked about today?" I asked him hesitantly, sitting up on the couch and facing him fully.

"No. That commercial just made me think about it. That was an asshole move that man pulled but I guess I was an asshole back then, too." he chuckled, continuing to flip through the channels. Is he just oblivious to this whole thing or what? Is he remembering? "Why are you staring at me like that?" he questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"You remember.." I muttered, still staring at him as if he were a foreign creature.

"What?" he asked as I stood to my feet.

"Brandon, you just remembered something that I, not my brother, have ever mentioned before." I said, making him glance down to his lap, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"I did, didn't I?" he asked, standing to his feet alongside me with a great smile on his face. I nodded, his muscular arms wrapping around my slender body. My feet left the ground as they wrapped around his waist, his hands falling under my thighs to hoist me up higher on his body.

Before I could process what I was doing, my hands cupped his cheeks and my lips pressed to his. I could feel him walking, but I didn't know where to until my bare thighs came in contact with the cold granite that was in our kitchen. His large hands gripped my thighs as he deepened the kiss.

"I remember, the first time you let me kiss you..." He whispered lowly, his lips leaving mine and to the underside of my jaw. "We were in the pool.." he said in between the light butterfly kisses he had scattered across my exposed collar bones. "I knew I loved you before then, but I just fell deeper in love with you at that moment."

"Why are you just now remembering all of this?" I finally fluttered my eyes open and stared at him, taking in his hungry eyes as they were already staring into mine.

"I don't know. I think It's just the memories with you." he said, his eyes falling onto the counter top. He had his hands on either side of my thighs. "I don't think I could ever forget you. I know I did, but even when I was in the hospital after what happened and you came to visit me, I was already falling back in love." he said as butterflies swarm my stomach.

I couldn't speak. The words my brother had told me when were leaving the hospital ran through my mind once more.

You triggered something in him.

"I fell in love with those eyes when we met and they've never changed."