thirty eight

I stared hard at the door in front of me. A lump was growing in my throat the more I stood there. I had been released by the doctors about an hour ago and now I stood in my own clothes and perspiration. I glanced to the left of me and seen Nick. He had decided to come with me, I guess for moral support. Knowing me, the worst thoughts were going on in my head. I reached my hand out and turned the door knob. The door opened slowly and Brandon's parents stood in front of his bed. They turned towards me and something went off on me telling me they didn't like me.

"What are you doing here?" His mother questioned, a vein popping out of her neck, "I don't want you anywhere near my son ever again." She yelled, making my brother step in front of me. "You caused all of this, and now my own son doesn't even know who his parents are!" she yelled, her husband grabbing her arm.

Maybe she was right. If I wouldn't have came back to LA none of this would've happened. I should've just stayed where I was. I was much more welcomed there anyways.

"You're right." I mumbled, turning around and walking out of the room.

"What are you doing, Liliana?" my brother stepped in front of me and I couldn't take it anymore. Tears fell rapidly from my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. I didn't care about the pity stares I was receiving.

"She's right, It's all my fault. If  I wouldn't have come back to LA none of this would've ever happened. None of it." I cried, pulling away from him and crossing my arms over my chest.

Out of my peripheral vision, I could see a tan complexioned boy with matching dark brown hair. I slowly looked at him with tear filled eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked making his way over to us, slowly but surely.

I chuckled dryly and shook my head as I stared at the ground, "Not really, but you need to get back in your bed. I don't think you're supposed to be walking around." I said, looking back up at him.

"Why were my, um parents, yelling at you?" he asked, hesitant to use the word "parents".

"It's a very long story, and a very complicated one at that." I said, a smile growing on my face as I stared into his same murky brown eyes I fell in love with.

"I'm Brandon by the way." he said, making the lump grow in my throat.

"I know, I'm Lily."

As my name rolled off my tongue he stared at me for a second. His eyes staring into mine. I felt like the oxygen was taken from my lungs the longer he stared at me.

"Lily," he whispered under his breath as he glanced down to his feet. "I'm gonna go lie back down." he said, walking backwards towards his room.

I nodded and as he walked into his room, I turned and made my way out of the hospital.

"Okay, Liliana, did you not just witness that?" Nick questioned as he followed behind me. "I felt like I was witnessing love at first sight." He said as he slid into the driver seat, a smirk present on his face.

"I'm already in love with him so how is it love at first sight?" I questioned, buckling my seatbelt and looking back to him.

"It's him you idiot. I think you triggered something in him." He said, making me yawn. I need a nap and some medicine. I just want to see my babies.

The entire ride home, my brothers words drifted through my head, making me think.

you triggered something in him.

I didn't think I had that kind of affect on someone who doesn't even remember me. What If I did? I would feel hella bad if he remembered me before his own parents though.

Nick pulled into the driveway and I hopped out, walking to the front door.

"Where are my babies?" I questioned as I walked into the living room. They were both placed in the little playpen my mother had went and got for me. "Hello my beautiful little babies." I said, climbing into the pen with them. I picked them both up and placed them in my lap.

"Well hello to you too, Lily." Zion said from the couch he was sitting in, just a few feet away.

"Hey Z," I chuckled before bringing my attention back to my children.

"Are you going to tell him about them yet?" I turned to my brother, who was just now walking into the living room.

"Nick, he doesn't even know who I am. Why would I tell him about our children?" It sounded rude, but I was beginning to get agitated.